Chapter 9

Author's note. Violence and angst involved.......

Roger's P.O.V.

It's 8:00pm right now and we have most of the final recording done. I agreed to go over John's house tonight because he needs me and I want to be there for him. Honestly, I 've always thought John was a handsome guy. His eyes kill me. The way they sparkle in the light which makes the green in his eyes standout even more. I'm not going to mention his semi-tall stature, but what really grabs my attention is his reserved and quiet nature. He has an innocent shyness to him that can captivate anyone he comes in contact with. The bloody bastard that he got involved with should be ashamed of himself. He saw that John had a meek and mild personality and mistook that for his weakness. Now the arsehole wants to control and dominate every aspect of his life. Well not on my watch if I have anything to do with it! If John doesn't want to be with the wanker than so be it! I will do anything to protect him from harm. Right now, I'm just staring at him. His innocence, his beauty and his undeniable charm will leave you wanting more all the time. He truly is a beautiful person......... A sudden knock at the door has jolted me from my thoughts. Since John is the closet to the door, he answers it. "I got it." he says. John goes over to see who's at the door. "I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY."!! That was the last words I heard John say. BANG,BANG!! Two shots were fired and he was lying in the front door way. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion. Oh God, John,John!! I ran over immediately to help him. JOHN, please, God JOHN, somebody do something!!! Freddie and Brian are trying to help me lift John off the floor. Brian straight away calls the paramedics. "Please John stay with us." God, did you see who did this Roger?' Freddie is hysterical and asking stupid questions right now. NO I didn't see who did this!!, John was blocking the door way! So NO I couldn't see who it was!!!!! "They are on their way, how is he?, Come on mate stay with us." Brian came back over to help us. I hold John's face. John, wake up mate please, who did this to you? He's barely holding on but his eyes slightly open. "TOM", was all he managed to say before falling unconscious again."He told me that he was crazy and we were going to take care of that bastard together"!!! Freddie is sobbing holding John's hand. "Oh John darling, please hold on stay with us John Please"!! Freddie is a balling mess which is not helping. Brian is trying to calm him down and I'm still in a state of shock. Finally, the paramedics arrive."Step back, everybody move away from him"!!! One of the tech's ordered us out of the way. They quickly lift him off the floor onto the stretcher and began C.P.R. He was then put in the back of the medical transport. I'm going with you I demanded! "Ok sir, but only one of you can ride in the back with us." "The others can follow behind us." "Come on let's go." Brian and Freddie follow behind us in Brian's car.

Freddie's P.O.V.

Oh God Brian, what if he doesn't make it!!? Brian is driving as fast as the paramedics. "He'll make it Ok, he's in good hands now." Brian has his hand on mines trying to keep me calm. We soon pull into the E.R. and rush right in. I run over to Roger, where did they take him? I asked. "He's in the trauma bay right now, no one has said anything to me yet." I instantly give Roger a hug and we just cry and cry and cry. Roger listen, he's going to make it ok darling? John is strong, he'll make it!!! Do you Hear me!! I told him. Brian comes over to us to calm us down."Come on guys, let's hold it together for John ok?, he needs us." Brian also said, "The police are in the waiting room and wants to speak to us." We go into the waiting room, "Hi, I'm constable James." Hi Officer, can you please excuse me, my friend is in there dying and I can't..... I'm sorry. "Hi, I'll answer any questions you may have." Brian took over for me and thank God he did, I'm to numb to answer any questions right now. Roger and I stand by the trauma bay unit and wait for any news regarding John's condition. We quickly embrace each other for support. I look at Roger and tell him, We can't lose him, we just can't, Not now!!I just can't stop crying this hurts to much. "Freddie, John is a fighter, he'll pull through this." "It's not his time yet Ok? he's strong." Roger is crying too."Hey guys, I told the police everything we know about the Sod and they are out there looking for him as we speak" " Any word on John's condition?" No nothing yet. I need to call John's family and let them know what happened to him. "I can do it." Brian offered to call his family. Are you sure Bri.? "Its fine just give me the number." I give him the number and he immediately notifies John's family. I continue shaking and trembling in Roger's arms. He said that the guy was crazy Roger! God, I didn't know it would come to this. I told John that I would help him and I failed him instead. Fuck the bloody record, it could have waited until we helped John first!! "Freddie, none of us knew this arsehole would do this, so don't blame yourself over it!!!" I can't help Rog., I still feel responsible. He's our Deaky and we love him so much. Roger is holding me, rocking me back and forth to soothe me. Brian returns over to us, "I just talk to John's mom and she and other family members are on their way. Thank you Brian, I would have been a mess if I had to talk to her. Brian has been so strong throughout all of this and I love him so much for holding it together for all of us. I keep telling myself that this only a nightmare, just a bad dream and I'll a wake up. But the problem is I am awake and this is real and I am scared shitless!!!