Ch 3: New friends

Consider this as ----- First Day pt.2

Continued....

Rachel's POV:

It was finally break after the a few classes. The teachers were good enough. I realized Traci and I have the same schedule. I was lucky to be with someone to talk to comfortably all the time. Traci led me to the school canteen. It was huge room with more than enough space required to accommodate the whole school. Everything's neat and clean. The room was buzzing with students. Traci took me to the food counter. There were a good number of options to choose from. I just went for a Veg. sandwich and a fruit cup and Traci got herself a burger and mashed potatoes. "You might want to know some more people in the Academy," Traci proposed. I didn't know whether its a good idea to meet many people on the very first day. Some maybe sweet like Traci, others may spit acidic words like Emiko. Plus, I'm not much of an extrovert. "Maybe some other day," I replied with a nervous smile. "Oh come, the people you're going to meet are sweetest of the sweet. They're my friends." "Well, fine." I gave in. Suddenly Traci grabbed my hand and dragged to a nearby table.

"Let me introduce you to some folks with whom I learnt the great values of friendship and loyalty. My lovely friends," Traci said in a melodramatic tone. referring to a group of people seated at the table. "We know how you love us Trac, you don't need to be so dramatic," a girl with short blonde hair and blue eyes spoke up. "Yeah Tracie, Terra's right. Aren't you the new girl?" a girl with waist-long jet black hair asked, to which I simply nodded. She smiled, "I'm Donna. We're pleased to have you here. What should we call you?" "Rachel," I replied. The boy sitting beside Donna, said, "I'm Jon Kent." He had bright blue eyes and black hair. Next, a slightly taller boy with mohawk hair and dark brown eyes, spoke up, "Call me Jaime, hermana!" A latino guy...interesting I thought to myself. Next person was the same blonde girl, "Name's Terra Markov." Russian... hmm. Next person was very strange looking, I must say. He had green skin and the hair donned a darker shade of green, with beady yellow eyes. Though he looked peculiar, I did not sense any danger coming from his side. He threw his hands up in air, "Hey momma, I'm Gar!" He was funny I could say. I just smiled in return. "Can you just stop saying 'momma' to every girl? Its so annoying. Looks like you're planning to scare a new girl on her very first day," Jaime said irritated. I finally sat down at the table. Suddenly there was a profound silence at the table. I became nervous, but did not show it on my face. Did they feel any demonic presence coming through me? Did I somehow use my magic subconsciously anytime? Am I exposed? If....

"You didn't get scared or freaked out after seeing Gar, strange!" Donna exclaimed, breaking my train of thoughts. I was momentarily relieved as my dark secret is still safe. "Yeah! You didn't think I was a freak!" Gar almost jumped on me. "I didn't think you'll do me any harm, so no point of being afraid," I simply replied. "That's good! When everybody first saw Garfield they all were scared as hell! It took really long a time for people to accept him as a normal boy," Jon explained. "If you don't mind, can I ask how this-" I started, but Garfield just said, "Let's just say a fatal chemical reaction took place." I nodded in understanding, but something was telling me that's probably not the truth. However, I stopped thinking about it.

They all seemed nice to me, but still I can't let my guard down so fast. Perhaps, never. "Hope you are comfortable with us and the Academy. There may be some people who may try to ruin your day, but still this school's great!" Terra said. "I'm doing good," I replied. "Maybe we all should hang out sometime. Also, its been a while since our last hangout!" Tracie said. They all exclaimed, "Yes." My mind still lingered on what Terra said. It reminded me of Emiko and the 'rich brat'. Just to ruin their excited mood, I asked shyly,"Hope y'all don't mind. But can I ask who's Emiko and the 'rich brat'?" Everyone looked at each other questioning looks. "This is her first day and she already heard the term 'rich brat'. Damn he's too popular!" Gar said half-annoyed. "Okay. Actually when I first saw Rachel, I helped her with the locker. And Emiko arrived there, in attempt to give a bitter start to the day." Traci informed them. Jon sighed hearing that, "He seems to be absent today."

"The 'rich brat' has a name. Damian Wayne. And Emiko is just a desperate damsel who's in need of attention. She somehow managed to get along with him and uses his name for he own benefit and popularity. Still, we think Damian doesn't like her that much. Its Emiko who's always trying to stick with him," Jaime explained."Wayne, as in Wayne Enterprises?"I almost mumbled. "Yes" Donna said, crossing arms across her chest. I read in magazines about Wayne Enterprises. His father must be a billionare. "Is he bad?" I asked. "Not all bad, he's...umm...good. He's just arrogant most of the time," Tracie replied. "I say its better to stay out of their way if you want a smooth and perfect high school life. If not Damian, then definitely out of Emiko's way. She's total crap," Jon said annoyed. "I'll keep that in mind," I assured. I need to stay away from trouble as much as possible. "Hey y'all, we have classes to attend, yo!" Gar chimed in. "Yeah, its time." I said. We started to move out of the school cafeteria. "See you around then, Rachel," Donna said, and I smiled and made my way to the classes with Tracie.

After a few hours, the school was finally over. Kori came to pick me up. I said goodbye to Tracie and others and got into the car. "I see you made some friends. How everything went?" "Everything looks almost fine to me till now." "Told you its not all bad." After a few minutes we finally reached home. I got off the car. And Kori drove off to her part-time work place. Yeah, she serves popcorn and refreshments at a movie theatre. The rest of our fund comes from her boyfriend. He's rich she says. I went in my home and started doing my homework assignments. It was not all bad. Maybe its the beginning of a good life I always wanted. I thought.

Kori arrived home nearly at night. "I have a surprise for you, Rachel!" "The school was enough of a surprise. I don't want you to do anymore." "Oh no worries. Its nothing big." Kori said pulling out a carefully wrapped small box. "Open it" she offered. I carefully opened the wrapping. I gasped heavily. It was a mobile handset. She got me a new phone! "Just thought you might need this," she smiled. She's so kind."Thank you," I threw my arms around her, though its out of my character. She was surprised at the sudden gesture but soon returned the hug. "Just learn your phone number well and don't forget it. If you have trouble or want to know how to use it, just ask me," she said. I'm so grateful.

It was finally night. I was happy with my current phase of my life. I got Kori, got myself some friends at school, getting education, a new phone. It's all good. But still the insecurities are in the background of my good thoughts. Sometimes I feel like I am doing injustice to Kori by hiding the truth. What if my father comes back? Everything will be fine stay calm, Raven. I said to myself and dozed off to sleep.

A/N:

I said I couldn't update but somehow I managed to do a short chapter. Hope this will do fine.

Seriously now, I will not update before mid-March. EXAMS!!!!

As said before, all comments, suggestions,corrections, etc. are welcome.

Tomorrow is my parents' marriage anniversary, so busy planning a surprise and also studies.

Love you always.