02° mr. kim's gala

0:13 一⊛──────── 1:32
Interlude_dream, Reality

Agust D
◂◂ ► ▸▸ ≡

"THE GALA IS IN TWO WEEKS,"

a chorus of responses echoed throughout the fairly large room. faces of numerous people were contorted into a rather serious demeanor, mimicking your boss, who was standing in front of everyone else.

despite wearing the same suit as the morning, there was something clearly different. he was much more professional in a sense, and it wasn't quite foreign to see him like that. in fact, almost none of his employees knew about the childish side he had.

who would have thought the towering blonde, who would come to work early, and who would look ever so neat, loved wearing black ripped jeans and cheap shirts he could cut, on saturdays to eat cotton candy?

"i'm expecting it to be flawless. this is the first gala in two years, and this time, the parks and the hwangs are relying on us for the first day."

the gala.

the prestigious gala.

it was held annually but for some personal reason it wasn't held the year before. it lasts for three days, each being handled by one of the three sister companies: the kims, the parks, and the hwangs.

the first day was usually the best, being the opening and all. the last time kim enterprises held the first day was six years ago, when the company was still in the hands of kim haneul, taehyung's father.

kim haneul was a great ceo, leading the hosting of the gala splendidly. but because he did great, your best friend was expected to do equally well, if not, better. it's quite amazing how he could keep a cool composure despite all the pressure.

"since the next two weeks are going to be filled with overtimes and stress, i'm dismissing you all for the rest of the day!"

a low buzz resounded throughout the room before all the other employees rushed out. your boss rolled his eyes at their attitude, "i let them go early and they don't say thank you? ugh."

you giggled at his reaction. the frown on his face disappeared at the sound of your joy. what could he do? your laughter was contagious.

after calming down, you picked up the office objects belonging to you and taehyung, preparing for both of you to leave as well.

"what's your plan for later?" he asked you, his tone hinting at something.

originally, you planned on an anime marathon, but knowing the boy, you knew he'd want to take you out somewhere.

"where are we going this time?" you reply instead of answering him properly.

a wide grin crept onto his face, as if he was saying 'you know me too well'. he walked to the door and held it open for you to walk out. you nodded in his way as a thanks.

"a friend of mine invited me to a party, told me to bring someone so i thought of you," he explained, rushing to catch up with you and match your pace.

you two were now walking side by side to leave the building with your arms cradling your things. taehyung motioned to help you but you refused.

"i'm guessing this party has cute boys and you want me to dress you up?"

the boy nodded cutely, like a puppy begging his master for food. you chuckled at his antics, "okay then, bring me to your 'humble' abode."

he flashed you his signature box smile.

"let's go!"

i feel like shit.