"Sanjana!" I called out, trying to calm her down, but she wouldn't listen.

"Liar! Filthy gold digger!"

"Sanjana, just listen to me!"

"Sanjana!" I yelled, gritting my teeth, as I moved towards her.

I woke abruptly with a start, hitting my head against the bedpost. Ouch. That hurt. I rubbed my head softly to get the pain to settle down. Sanjana, where was she? I'm so sorry Sanj-but wait, what happened? Where is everyone?

I squinted my eyes and looked around. The sun rays were glaring at me through the window pane. What was Sanjana saying? I'm what? A gold digger. I could still hear those spiteful words pounding in my ears. Oh my god, did that really happen or was it just a dream? I'm just pleased that whatever just took place was a dream and not reality. I'm not a gold digger. How dare Sanjana call me such a vile term? She's such a–

Dev focus, you are a committed man now, no thoughts about another unknown beautiful woman. Ugh, not again, my stupid brain and mind, thinking about her! Stop it! I said to my brain, kicking my legs in frustration. Ahhh my legs ache so much and now my head, stupid me. I was so tired that I didn't want to get out of bed. This dream had taken away my energy. No, yesterday was a tiring day, that whole party, I hate these big people's parties. I didn't want to wake up and work, oh, I know it's a Sunday, but helping Maa, never will I go to such a party again. Just one day I wanted to have a lie in...

But, alas, I had to get up. Time waits for no man and I had to help Maa with her daily chores, even if she tells me not to. She's done enough for all four of us, she hardly takes out any time for herself. She won't even let me help at her catering business, even right now, when I don't have another job. Yes, no job, I'm so useless to Maa, Riya got a job, yet I'm here doing absolutely nothing. Even Neha, who helps out Maa during work, cooking and handling the finances, it was only me who was absolutely useless in this home. I slowly got off the bed and stretched my body muscles, trying to shake off the sleep.

I looked at the clock on my bedside table, and my gosh, it was ten a.m. already! I opened my wardrobe, grabbed some clothes and rushed into the washroom for a quick shower and a fresh up. Within fifteen minutes I was done and I walked out of my room and to the dining table as fast as I could and pulled out a chair and sank into it.

Maa came out of the kitchen along with Neha, "Good Morning Dev Bhai!"

I muttered a 'good morning' under my breath. "Looks like someone is still very tired today morning, pehli baar aisa hua...suno! Suno! Pehli baar, Mr. Dev Dixit itni deri se uthe hain dosto! (Listen everyone, for the first time, Mr. Dev Dixit has woken up so late!)" Nikki announced.

"Oho, Nikki, Dev deserves this sleep, itni madad jo ki mere bete ne kal. (He helped me so much yesterday)" Maa retorted.

"Arey Maa, aap har baar Dev bhaiya ki side hi lete ho! (Mom, you always take Dev's side only)" Nikki mock-cried.

"Dev beta you seem so tired, you should've slept more." Maa told me as she placed a dish of aloo paratha in front of me.

"It's already too late, I should've woken up by 8:30, you always do so much for me, yet I can't repay you back. I don't even have a job. Mr. Arora hasn't even called back yet." I sighed, placing a hand to my forehead.

I was so upset with myself. I didn't know what had gotten into me, if I wake up this late then in the future how will I manage to take care of Sanjana? Before I could berate myself more, Maa told me, "Dev, you are my son, and children don't have to repay their parents back for anything. Start eating, you seem hungry. Neha, Nikki and Riya are going out for a movie, so then I can talk to you about some important things which just came to my mind recently. And as for the job, yesterday, Asha ji offered you a job, Jatin Roy is ready to hire you. I think you should take it. And as for the chores, one day I can manage on my own."