A Promise Is A Promise

*Flashback*

"You don't know what it's like, Artemis! To have everyone always on your back about something!" Reneesme yelled, walking up to her sister who was lounging on the bleachers alone at lunch.

Artemis scoffed. "Well of course I don't know, you idiot! No one ever gave a fuck about me!"

"Of course we did! We all cared about you; you were just to blind enough to see it!"

"Blind?! Reneesme, you all turned your backs on me! Bella and Edward! My own mother and father; disowned me! Alice and hated every little thing I liked! Jasper hated my attitude! And Rosalie?! The woman Emmett had planned to be my mother figure, didn't like me one bit! None of them did!"

"Yes they did!"

"NO, No they didn't! And worst of all Reneesme! You turned your back on me, too!"

Reneesme gasped before quickly raising her hand and slapping her sister. Artemis growled as she turned her head back to face Nessy. Snarling, she lunged at her, knocking them off the bleachers without so much as a cry of pain.

Pinning her sister down, Artemis slapped her. "You broke your promise, Reneesme! Remember?!"

"I didn't break it! You did!"

"I did!?! Who saved you from getting raped at that bonfire when we looked fifteen?! Who shoved you out the way when Sam attacked you for crossing over the treaty line without telling anyone?! Who took the blame for when you nearly burned down your cottage when you were mad at our parents and Jacob?! ME! Me, Me, Me! But the question is Reneesme, where the hell where you?"

Reneesme's lip trembled as she tried to hold back the building tears. "You're still my sister, and I still care about you," she said softly.

Artemis face contorted in disgust. "Well, you're not mine, and I don't give a damn about you." She stood off of her, turning to walk away.

"You and I know that's not true Artemis," Nessy called, dusting herself off and wiping away her tears.

Artemis turned around and looked to her. "And how do you figure that?!"

"Because! 'We're sisters! Sisters stick together and are always there for each other!'"

Artemis stopped walking backwards and gave a very small smile. "'Especially if they're twins'," she whispered, but her younger sister heard her.

Artemis turned back around and flashed away to the school building while Reneesme sat down and planned. She was going to help her sister; help her achieve her dream, and she knew just how.

After school, she raced home to beat Artemis. Flashing in she called out for her mother.

Bella came to her quickly, worry etched into her face. "Baby, what's wrong?"

"Artemis!" she yelled. "Artemis is wrong! She called me a bitch!" Reneesme burst into fake tears and her mother 'comforted' her and held her on the couch.

About half an hour later, they heard the engine of Artemis' Harley and Bella ran out to meet her. When Reneesme heard the snap of a backhand slap, she knew her plan had worked; Artemis will finally get to leave home like she wanted to...

*End of Flashback*

Reneesme retracted her hand from her stunned father's face.

"I planned it all; I still love her Dad, and deep down inside, I know she still loves me, too," she whispered.

Edward averted his eyes and sighed. The daughter he hated with a passion did everything and anything she could to protect the daughter he loved, and how did he repay her? With more hate. "What are you going to do?"

"I'm going after her, with Rosalie and her Dad," she stated firmly.

Edward shook his head. "No, you can't go out there. Jacob will want to go and there are other vampires out there, too. Something could happen."

"I don't care. I'm going wether you let me or not. Jacob can come if he wants but he's not the wolf I'm going to be needing for this trip."

"Who is?" Carlisle asked.

"Paul Lahote."

»

(The Next Day)

"Are you nuts Reneesme? What do you mean you're going after her?" Jacob questioned. Reneesme was able to hold Emmett and Rosalie back another day to be able to tell Jacob and Paul.

"I mean what I said, Jacob. In going to Virginia and I'm getting my sister back."

"Since when did you start caring about her?!"

"Since she reminded me of our promise!"

"What promise?!"

"The one they made when they were little girls," came the pitiful voice of Paul.

He leaned against the door frame into the living room in the Uley house. Ever since Artemis left, the separation of his imprint took a toll on him.

He didn't eat as much; he didn't sleep at all. He spent most of his time locked in his room thinking about his imprint; the one he willingly let walk out his life. He had bags under his eyes now; he lost most of his muscle, leaving his body lean and lanky, and he now had a four day stubble.

Reneesme looked at him in pity and curiosity. "How do you know-"

"The day she....left, I took her to the Cullen's in my wolf form. She asked how your relationship with Jake was going; I asked her why she cared. She said 'Because, we're sisters. And sisters stick together and are always there for each other. Especially if their twins.'"

Reneesme smiled and ran over to Paul, embracing him in a tight hug. "Let's go get your girl," she said, pulling back.

Paul smiled weakly and nodded, looking over to Jacob who just sighed. "Fine," he muttered. "Let's go get Artemis."

~~~

Please consider reading the rewrite c: It goes by the same title, but the story cover is more zoomed out.