Niklaus Mikealson

Stefan slowly stood and strode to the door, looking at us before opening it.

"Stefan!" a voice with a British accent said. "Great to see you, mate. Now, where's this half Cold One you spoke to me about?"

I didn't like the way he said 'half Cold One.' Almost as if he thought Stefan was lying and I didn't exist.

"Come on in Klaus. She's over here." Stefan moved aside and in strode another sexy Greek God.

He had short and curly, dirty blonde hair, high cheekbones, pinkish lips, and beautiful bluish eyes.

"Hello, Caroline, love." He winked at her and Tyler growled.

Is this Klaus person the reason they broke up? I asked myself.

"Tsk, tsk, now Tyler, didn't I teach you to be a better hybrid?"

This only caused Tyler to growl more.

Klaus laughed and finally caught sight of me. "Aah! So your the human/vampire hybrid. And what exactly makes you different from the rest of us, besides me of course."

"What do you mean besides you?" I asked, ignoring his question. "What makes you so special?" I crossed my arms and put my weight on one leg, narrowing my eyes.

He smiled slyly. "Well, love, I'm an Original Hybrid. The very first half werewolf, half vampire in creation. My brothers and sister are Originals as well, the first vampires, ever."

I frowned. "I thought the Volturi were the first vampires to ever exist, they said so themselves. They're nearly a thousand years old!"

He burst out laughing. "Tell me, Darling, who are these Volturi who claim to be the first?"

I quickly explained to them about the Volturi. How they were the rulers of my world and kept every Cold One in line. And how they once tried to kill me and Renesmee because they thought we were immortal children who could go rogue at any moment.

Klaus smirked. "Darling, you've been misled. My siblings and I were the first vampires to ever be created. We're over two thousand years old."

I gasped. He was right, the Volturi were just over 900 years old themselves.

I looked at the ground and narrowed my eyes. Sons of Bitches!

"Now do you care to tell me about yourself, Darling? Like for example your name?"

"Artemis," I said, looking up. "My name is Artemis."

He smiled, and with that Stefan took us to the library in the boarding house where me and Klaus could speak alone. I told all that I told the others; about my 'family,' Paul, my friends, my powers, and my heartbreak when I left Forks, Washington. . . .Alone.

At the end of my story, he simply asked to see my powers and I agreed. I told they others so they could see, too, and harnessed my power. I made the ground shake, wind blow, water fall, and flames begin.

By the end, I needed another blood bag because I was just about ready to take Bonnie, Jeremy, or Matt where they stood.

"Would you like to come live with me and my siblings, Artemis?" Klaus asked, after I finished my blood bag.

I looked at him wide-eyed. "Um, Stefan offered me a place to stay, so. . . .?"

"I'm sure Stefan won't mind. Besides, he's already housing three others. Wouldn't want to bother him with a fourth."

I looked at Stefan, biting my lip. "Stefan?"

"It's up to you," he responded.

I shrugged and smiled. "Alright, Klaus, looks like I'm crashing at your place."

He smiled. "Shall we then?"

I nodded and walked to the door with him. I quickly said my goodbyes and thanks while strapping my Harley to my Impala again.

Klaus asked to drive and I gave him the key. As we drove out of the Salvatore Boarding House driveway, I waved goodbye.

"Well, Artemis," Klaus said after a while of driving. "Consider yourself an Original. You were born first, so you sister is merely a copy of you. You are the first half human, Half Cold One hybrid in existence," he said smiling as he kept his eyes on the road.

I chuckled. "Well, hate to burst your bubble, Klaus, but there was one of my kind before me already. Some guy named Nahuel."

He chuckled. "Fine, your the first female half human, half Cold One hybrid in existence. Either way, you are an Original now, so your name is now Artemis Mikealson. Welcome to the family little sister." He put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into a side hug.

I giggled. "Thank you, Brother." Then it hit me, I'm a Mikealson now. . . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please consider reading the rewrite c: It goes by the same title, but the story cover is more zoomed out.