𝐈.

—𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐔𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒, until somebody falls in love

———————————————

this was not how you expected today would go.

you certainly weren't expecting your number to get added by an old coworker of yours to a groupchat where you barely knew anybody-it somewhat warmed your heart knowing he still kept your number after all this time.

but then again, what else would you expect for a man as kind hearted as JONATHAN JOESTAR?

you weren't as close as you would have preferred, yet still close enough to have exchanged numbers and gone out a few times with the company of your other colleagues. you took up a job to earn some extra cash during your sophomore year, and you were lucky enough to easily get accepted to one of the local cafés in your area. though he was around your age, he was definitely more experienced than you in the working world. he was a GENTLE GIANT-always putting himself before others. he was the embodiment of the word GENTLEMAN, even if, dare i say, he was a tad bit old fashioned.

as soon as you found out about his background, you were confused as to why he was even working. he was way more than well-off-he could've bought the entire establishment with his own pocket money, for heaven's sake. the joestar only chuckled, albeit a bit sheepishly, to your astounded expression. he said he insisted to his father that he wanted to work for his own, and not just mooch off his inheritance.

what a man, indeed.

you were always pondering about how lucky the girl who got to get with him would be-to your surprise, the man had little to no experience with love nor relationships, save for a childhood sweetheart he had in his earlier days, before her family had to move away, and they've never seen each other since.

sounds like something straight from a romance novel, doesn't it?

( e/c. ) eyes continued to bore holes into the screen of the cellphone, squinting ever so slightly at the onslaught of notifications you were receiving-while you were easily one of the cheeriest of the bunch, you weren't usually one to actively seek out socializing with others. but then again-if it really couldn't be helped, then so be it.

with a thumb hovering over your phone screen, your eyes scanned over the lights that emitted from the device-it was a little before six in the evening, you had just eaten dinner, and now you got added to what you assumed was some sort of a family group chat. "'joe joe's fuckhouse'," you snorted, reading the chat name out loud, the tiniest grin tugging at the corners of your lips.