Chapter 2: Banana Pancakes

I wake up the next morning with a craving for banana pancakes.

My father and I used to make them all the time whenever I was younger, and I would invite Jake over to help me eat the massive stack we would whip up every Saturday morning.

I quickly get dressed in a pair of white shorts and a loose tank top and walk quietly down the stairs, throwing my blonde hair into a messy bun.

I skip into the kitchen, noticing that I must be the only one awake. So, I decide, heck why not. Make some banana pancakes. I can introduce my boyfriends family to my secret recipe for the best pancakes they will have ever had in their life.

I grab some flour from the oak cabinet above the stove and some bananas from the basket below. Then, I go to the fridge and grab some eggs and milk.

Once I have all my ingredients, I grab some bowls.

Being only 5'2" I have a small bit of a problem, seeing the bowls are on the top of the shelf.

Determined, I crack my knuckles and climb up onto the counter. With an outstreched hand, I grip the edge of the bowl but I end up loseing my balance. I start to fall backwards, causing myself to gasp and squeeze my eyes shut, ready for the hard impact I am about to incounter.

Suddenly, I am caught in mid air. I open my eyes to see those handsome green eyes staring down at me. I let out a sigh of relief and grip onto the bowl before I stare up into the arms that saved me. 

"Thank you Prince Charming, for saving me." I say with a smirk.

His eyes twinkle and he laughs, "Your welcome, my lady. Now, what made you go through all that trouble?"

I turn slightly pink, then show him the mixing bowl in my hand. He chuckles, leaning against the counter. 

I smile as he sets me down gently on the floor then I turn to him as I put the ingredients into the bowl.

"Banana pancakes alright with you?" I ask. 

He laughs again. I love his laugh. It's the most beautiful thing I have ever heard.

"Sure Princess." He replies, his eyes full of lust. He sits across the island and watches me cook.

After a while of him staring, I roll my eyes and throw some flour on his face. And I immediately regretted it.

He spits out some of the flour and then looks at me with narrowed eyes and a mischievous grin.

"Oh no you didn't."

"Uh oh." I giggle.

The next thing I know, we are throwing flour at each other from across the kitchen. Laughing and screaming.

He chases after me, running around the couch and then jumping over it. I squeal once he catches up to me, his arms encircling around my waist. I start to relax at his touch, until he starts to tickle me.

My weakness.

I squeal and scream and laugh so hard that tears begin to fall out of my eyes.

"Stop! I beg you!" I say in between laughs. He laughs and continues to tickle me harder.

"Jake, stop! Please! Please!" I laugh, trying to pry his fingers off my waist.

He suddenly stops. I look up, seeing his strong, muscular body hovering over mine. His beautiful green eyes gazing over my body. 

My breathing stops and my heart seems to go into overdrive.

Finally, I breath out his name. "Jake."