Ch.1

Kaylyn's p.o.v

The day is chilly, not cold like any other days of the years. This whole area's cold in every time of the year. But I'm always okay with it. Because winter was my favorite season before I moved here and it still is. I don't think it's boring or depressing. I think it's quite and peaceful.

I passed the driving test last year after I turned 17 in December. So, here I am now driving to my school. My windows are down so that I can feel the freezing morning breeze.

Nowadays, i don't know why. But I'm finding happiness in everything that doesn't talk which means anything except people.

I parked the car and got out of it. And started to head to the
school campus. I enter the hallway while staring at the ground. Not wanting to make eye contact with any of these judgemental people.

I don't have many friends so definitely I'm boring and lonely. But I don't stay quite the whole time I'm at school.  There's a girl who's just transferred here from London. And instead of anyone else she came to me to talk on her first day at this school.

After seeing her talking to me the students started saying things like 'why is the new girl talking to this weirdo.' . After hearing that I told her to stop talking to me but she too nice to oblige. She just simply said "I don't care."

So, i realized that she is a person i can talk to.

I reached to my locker and pulled out the things for next class which i have with Emily. The new girl.

I started walking to my class. Suddenly i felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked over and saw Emily smiling at me. 

"Hi Kays." She said while the smile still remaining on her face.

"Hey Em. " i said slightly smiling. "Ready for the test ?" I asked reminding about the test.

"Oh my sh*t. Fu*king forgot about it." She said with a very scared face. She was truly worried about it.

"Sit next to me. I'll help you pass." I said assuring her. After all she helped me with a lot of things.

"Really?". I nodded. "Thank you so much. But you don't have to help all the way. I'm not that bad at French."

We started heading to the class. We entered the class and as i was trying to sit on the second desk Emily pulled me. And said "Not here silly. Let's sit on the back. It would make it easier to cheat. "

And i realized what she meant. So, we sat there, away from the teacher's eyes. She turned to me and said "Hey,Melissa has a party at her house this friday. So you wanna come."

"No, I can't. Partys are not my thing.  And she didn't even invite me." I said matter of factly.

"No Kays, she did. She came to invite me and told me to bring you too." She said trying to convince me but never went to a party before. So, definitely I wasn't going this time too enen though she invited me. 

"That so nice of her Em.  But....I can't go. "I said while looking down at my hands.

"Look Kaylyn you have two days to think. You'll have fun I promise." She said. 

The teacher enter the room and said good morning to everyone and started to give the question papers right away.

And the test started......

                                 **********************
                        =============================