Little munchkin

"Dad,It's the afternoon. Tell us."Cam urges.

"I love you guys so very much. Please understand that."

"You're scaring us Sean."Lisa takes His Hand.

"I just wanted to remind you that I love you."Sean weakly grins with his dry face.

"We love you too."they all say.

"Val,thanks for taking care of my Dude right now. You're all he ever talks about."Ethan blushes. "You're a great girl. I'm so happy I got to have you as my honorary daughter."He takes my hand.

Fuck. Tears. "I love you Mr. Dolan."

"Call me Dad Val."

"I love you dad."

Flashback

"Kids,dinner time!"Mr. Dolan called from downstairs. Ethan and gray ran downstairs,as fast as their little 10 year old legs could take them.

I walk to the front door, "Okay,Bye Guys."

"Where do you think you're going you little munchkin?"Mr. Dolan throws me over his shoulder and sets me down at the dinner table. "You're eating here."

"What about my par-"

"I don't think that they'll mind. Besides,need to bulk up. Enjoy honey."He kisses our heads and sits next to His wife.

"How was everyone's day?"Mrs. Dolan Asks.

"Great mom!"Gray responds.

"I didn't get into a fight."E sings.

"Val,What bout you babe?"Mr. Dolan Asks.

"I got my report card back. Straight A's."I mutter and pull it out.

"Did you hear that Lisa? Our little girl got straight A's."Mr. Dolan grabs it.

"That deserves to go on the fridge."She smiles at me.

"Who else agrees?"Everyone raises their hand. "Val,do you agree?"

I nod with a giggle, "Then so it shall be."Mr. Dolan smacks it on the wall with a lady bug magnet.

"Cameron,come down for dinner."Mrs. Dolan calls.

"I'm studying for my exam."Cam yells.

"Oh. Okay."

"I can bring it up to her."I offer.

"Thank you dear."She hands me the plate and I walk upstairs to her room.

I knock and open it, "Hey Larry."Cam was swarmed with books around her.

"Brought you some dinner."I set it down next to her.

"Thanks Larry,Heard you got All A's. Congrats."she high fives me.

"Thanks. One day I wanna be just like you. Getting A's through the roof."I smile.

"You will. You'll be better that me honey."She pats my head.

"Thanks Cam. Bye."I run back down stairs just as Mr. Dolan closes the front door.

"Who was it?"I ask.

He jumps and looks at me, "No one honey. Let's go back to the dinner table."

"Give me Back my daughter you Cancerous dick!"I hear my dad slur.

"Boys,Take Val upstairs."the boys run up to me and take my upstairs. I look back as Mr. Dolan pulls out his phone.

"Hello Police?"

End of flashback

"Val,lets go."E takes my hand.

"Bye Mr. Dolan."I kiss his cheek and walk out with Ethan. "Where are we going?"

"To the garden. Duh."He opens the door.

We sit down on our bench, "Sorry for keeping you up."He Says as I lay my head on his chest.

"No. It's okay Hun. I enjoy staying with you."I yawn.

"You've been here for almost a week now. Don't you miss you guys?"

"I don't have time to miss them. I'm more concerned for your well being."he wraps his arms around me.

"I'm sorry I brought this on you. I didn't know what to do. Cam doesn't show any emotion,heartless bitch. And Gray is being a dick,he's not even here for our father."He mumbles.

"I would've come here faster if I could. This is a serious matter where you need someone. I'm here for you. And Cam has her own way to show emotion. Gray is the same."I lay in his lap.

"As far as I'm concern,You and my parents are all I have."ouch. When did Ethan become so down?

"Ethan,don't say that. Everyone loves you. Where is all this negativity coming from?"I ask.

"I don't know Val. Just seeing my dad like this I guess. I don't know."

"I'm here for you."I kiss his chin.

"Thanks Val..."

"How Long do you want to stay here for?"

"I wanna be with my dad but I don't want to see him like that. I guess we stay till the sun goes down."he shrugs.

"Fine by me. Pizza?"

"Again?"He Asks.

"I don't know dude. I'm craving it."