.13.

SHE DESPISED THE UNIFORM. Perhaps if she could have worn slacks, she would have been okay with it. But the dress code was clear: girls were to wear the dark green skirts. The best she could do to make up for it was to wear a pair of gray leggings underneath.

There was also a tie. And not only was it a do-it-by-hand necktie, it was a cherry red necktie. Why, out of all colors, would a school choose cherry red to go with their theme of gray and dark green? She didn't know.

Overall, the U.A. uniform was on her list of Things That I Hate, which was actually not very long, but that just meant that she especially loathed it.

She left the gray blazer unbuttoned, though she went ahead and tucked in the white button-up shirt. Instead of wearing the standard brown shoes that were paired with the uniform, she wore her old black Converse sneakers. She debated wearing her beanie, but decided against it, thinking that the school policy would be like the one in America and hats wouldn't be allowed.

As always, she kept her bracelets clasped around her wrists, three on each arm. The newest one, the one from the mall, was still a bit stiff, but she would break it in soon enough. She still had yet to identify what type of flower the carving was, but it was yellow and it was pleasing to the eye.

Looking at herself in the mirror, she deemed herself decent enough to go out in public and grabbed her backpack.

Aizawa was her homeroom teacher. She knew this because he lead her to a large doorway marked "1-A", told her to go inside and check the chalkboard for her seat number, then stalked off down the hallway.

Her seat was number nineteen. She sat down and glanced around the room. It was underwhelming, to say the least. She was expecting more, since this was the room of the top Hero course. However, it was a normal classroom, very similar to the one she spent half a year in back in America.

Perhaps it would be more exciting once everyone arrived. Deciding that yes, she would just have to wait and see, she leaned forward and rested her forehead on her arms. She was an hour early, so she thought taking a nap would be a good use of her time. Kendria drifted off into a half-asleep state, aware of her surroundings but not quite comprehending what was going on around her.

The yelling woke her up.

The two voices, equal in volume and anger, roused her from her sleepy state. She lifted her head, bleary eyed, and scanned the now filled room.

There were many people that she'd never seen before, though that was expected. She saw the earphone girl and Denki Kaminari, seated next to each other. Fumikage Tokoyami was also there, sitting right next to her, in fact.

"Hello, Smith," the boy said, voice low. She nodded, feeling somewhat glad that someone she knew -- or rather, had met was in her class.

"I wonder when our teacher will arrive," said a voice behind her. She twisted around in her seat. The girl who had spoken sat with her back straight, black eyes staring with disdain at the source of the shouting. "Hopefully, they'll be able to put a stop to that nonsense." She followed the pretty girl's gaze to the pair of teenagers that were having a who can be the loudest contest.

She sighed.

It was Cauliflower -- a name briefly slipped into her mind, before sliding right back out -- and the strict boy from the exams. The blonde had his feet up on his desk, and the blue-haired male was trying to get him to stop.

"My name is Momo Yaoyorozu," stated the pretty girl, holding out her hand. Kendria stared at it, noticed that the girl's nails were manicured and polished a nice white color, then reached up for a handshake. Yaoyorozu looked as if she was expecting Kendria to give her own name in return, but she would just have to do without, because she didn't like to talk, and giving her name wasn't a good enough reason to talk. She heard a muttered "Rude" as she returned to her slumped over position.

Exactly eight seconds later, a large yellow thing that was her uncle stood up in the doorway. Unzipping his sleeping back, Aizawa stated exactly how long it took them to quiet down (eight seconds, she had been correct in her time measurements) and held out a set of gym clothes that reminded her of the American flag.

"Put on your gym clothes and go outside."

She raised an eyebrow. Apparently she wouldn't be dozing through an entrance ceremony.