Unwanted help

(Maria's POV)

The fall breeze blew inside the opened passenger window, sitting there watching as the taxi passed each block making it's destination towards the coffee shop where I'm meeting my social psychiatrist.

Apparently she has someone who is really intrigued in meeting with me, from what I heard about him is that he could supposedly help with my problems.

Hehe like I haven't been through this shit before..last person who said that bailed and tried to sue.

Pulling out my phone I messaged Mrs. Amy telling her that I'm right down the street, normally people would think it's weird to have your psychiatrists number. But I've known Mrs. Amy since I was five, she practically helped raise me when no one wanted to.

When the taxi came to a stop I knew we arrived in front of the coffee shop, reaching into my coat pocket I pulled out some cash to hand to the driver.

"Thank you for the lift, keep the change." I said then got out the car, the guy honked his horn and waved good-bye with a great full smile.

Stepping inside the shop I pulled off my beanie hat and unzipped my coat, looking around till seeing a familiar blonde haired woman with glasses.

Walking over I took the empty chair across the table from her, Mr.s Amy looked up and noticed it was me.

"Hello Maria, glad to see make it on time." She said with a smile, I placed my stuff beside me and yawned.

"Yeah...I was trying to convince myself to stay at home and sleep but then you briber me with free coffee." I said jokingly, both of us giggled and then tried to figure out what kind of coffee we wanted.

It was about few minutes into talking till Mrs. Amy's looked over and waved her hand over towards we're we were sitting, looking back to see who she was calling over I saw an older man heading our way.

He had on glasses and was carrying a cane in his hand, he looked to be in his late seventies to eighties, so this must be the man who's so eager to see me.

Watching silently as he made it to our table and Mrs. Amy stood up to shake his hand, they exchange greetings.

"Professor Broom it's a pleasure to finally meet with you." She said enthusiastically, he smiled genuinely and looked back her.

"As am I Mrs. Amy, sorry for keeping you two waiting I had some personal matters to take care of." He said then took a seat between us.

"This must be Maria.. Professor Broom, I've heard so much about you my dear fascinating things." He said while reaching out his hand for me to shake, looking at it for a second I reluctantly shook it with a side smirk.

"Nice to meet you, Interesting that you've heard so much about me but I know nothing about you." I said matter of fact while making eye contact with Mrs. Amy purposely.

From the guilt expression on her face she knew that it would've been wise to tell me the real reason why he was here to begin with, pulling my hand away I went back to looking at the menu.

"Well, if me telling you why I'm truly here would appease your nerves then that won't be any trouble, have you ever heard of the B.P.R.D?" He questioned, I looked at him with a confused response.

Chuckling he took that as a flat no, making sure no one was near our table to hear he leaned close towards me.

"It stands for The Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense." He said, looking over at Amy I wanted to know if his man was joking.

Is this guy serious.. paranormal??.

"So find monsters and ghosts and destroy them, what are you Ghosts busters or something?" I asked, Professor Broom smiled at my sarcastic question and reference to the old eighties movie.