Back of the bus

Summary: Fluffy fluff on a bus with slight angst
Warning(s): None
Update: I edited it a little because I realized how annoying af the original was oops
...
He is the boy in the back of the bus

Raven black hair and only a few rows back, I've never seen him up close, but I know he's beautiful. His mind is always somewhere else, with his music blaring to block out the world. He has a strong build and walks like he owns the world. There is something fascinating in the swagger of his walk.

I don't know his name. I don't know where he goes to school. I don't know all his favorite things. I don't even know what color his eyes are. But I think I'm in love. What a shallow thing, to fall in love with something as material as the back of someone's head, or the way someone walks. I guess I always have been a hopeless romantic.
...
Today the bus doors swing open and I know it is him. He enters the bus and for the first time he looks at me. I would be lying if I said I couldn't feel sparks. His eyes were blue, piercing blue. Now I need to get his name.

I have never talked to the boy on the bus. I've always had the habit of making a fool out of myself, I would likely trip over my own two feet if I went and spoke to him- I just admire from afar. I'm always three rows in front and I don't get a good view, unless you count casually craning my neck ever so often to see over the seats. I want to know him from up close. Tomorrow, I will talk with him.
...
Today I wait in the boy's usual seat. I wonder at first if he will kick me out. Maybe this is a bad idea. There isn't much time for me to change my mind, however. Stop one, two, three... and now he is entering the doors. My palms start to sweat and my mind tries to conjure up an introduction.

The boy looks confused at first. I start to get up, but the boy smiles and nods telling me it's okay. I sit back down, a rosy blush tinting my previously tan cheeks.

"H-Hhi. My names D-dan," I stutter, mentally face palming at my stupidity.

"Hi Dan, my names Phil," he says with a chuckle.

I blush even harder when he extends his hand, which makes him laugh even more. His laugh is enchanting. We shake hands and I give a sigh of relief over how smooth this seemed to be going. I guess all those articles I read on good luck paid off.

Now I know his name, Phil. It's beautiful, and it suits him. I'm really in love with him now.
...
The rest of the week we talk endlessly about nothing in particular. I know his favorite songs and I know his biggest dreams. Everything is perfect.
Until he starts to talk about his boyfriend.

With that two syllable word my heart is utterly shattered as if a hammer was taken to it. I always knew he didn't feel the same way, it was just so hard not to fall. I figure once you fall, you have to find your way back off the ground. It would just take some time.
...
Phil says he is having a rough time with his boyfriend. I am pushing back my feelings even though I want him to be mine. How selfish can you get, when you hear your best friend going through problems and all you can think about is yourself? I should be comforting him.

But it's so hard to remain cool and collected when he is so close. I could just grab him and bring his lips to mine. The thought has come to mind more than once.
This whole 'being friends' thing going to be harder than I thought.
...
Today something is different. Phil doesn't talk about his boyfriend anymore and I wonder if they are okay. I may still have small feelings, but I want Phil to be happy with whomever.

Phil and I are listening to Panic! at the disco, sharing headphones and eating crisps (a normal routine of ours). When the song ended, we looked at eachother, and our faces were so close. With his breath on my lips, I fought the temptation to lean in.

Then he leaned in. Our lips were practically touching, but we both stopped, and Phil was the one to pull back. What I had been craving for so long had just been so close, and all my feelings came back like a tidal wave. I barley even noticed as Phil swiftly walked out at the next stop. It wasn't even his stop, where was he going? Why did he leave?

He Was the boy in the back of the bus
...
Phil doesn't ride the bus anymore. I figure he walks, but I never see him on the bus route. I wonder how he is now and then. I knew my feeling would mess this whole thing up. Only I could have caused a shit storm this colossal.
...
One month later and Phil comes back. His eyes have lost the sparkle they once held. His hair is messy and his cloths are wrinkled. He looks horribly sick.

I don't know what to say to him.

What do you say to the boy you are madly in love with who practically fell off the face of the earth after they almost kissed you?

All he does is sit next to me. We don't speak. We don't stare. We sit.

"Phil..." I start quietly, barley a whisper among the other passengers' conversations.

"Shut up." It was harsh and not at all how the Phil I remember would say something.
"What?" I wince.

"Dan please shut up!"

I don't speak after that, I'm so confused. There is begging and annoyance and something else undetectable in his voice. I decide not to question it.

He is the boy in the back of the bus

At the next stop, which isn't even ours, Phil grabs my wrist and drags me out of the bus. He shoves me into an alley, and he is staring deeply into my eyes. It looks like he is searching my soul.

"Phil, what the hell are you doing? Seriously this isn't even our stop! Are you drunk or are you mad you need to tell-"

I am cut off by Phil's lips crashing into mine.

I stiffen at first, not quite sure how to react, then quickly melt into the kiss.

Phil Lester, my best friend who I had fallen in love with, who has a boyfriend, is kissing me. I don't know if he is toying with my emotions, but I really don't care. As long as his soft warm lips are pressed to mine.

Soon after we break apart for air, resting our foreheads on each others. Beads of sweat formulate on our pressed skin.

"I just had to do that, just once." Phil says with a grin, his breath catching up to him.

"Phil, I really like you. I fell for you that moment I saw you. But..." I say- well, heave, as my breath comes back, "And I'm not complaining... but don't you have a boyfriend?"

"I broke up with him. When I saw you on the bus, Dan, I fell in Love. And I know, if I really loved him, then I wouldn't have fallen in love with you."

I blush and peck his lips again.

"I love you Phil."

"I love you too Dan."

He is my boy in the back of the bus