Chapter ten

Once again, a major Thank you to everyone who reads this. I am watching my Wattpad account really often and it's so amazing to see that within two hours almost twenty people discovered this fanfiction and read it. Really, thank you, I have no words. I hope you enjoy the story and yeah, I think you probably came here to see how the story goes on, so let's continue...

Isabelle, Alec and Jace sat down in the library. While Isabelle was still crying, Jace didn't feel anything. He just stared through the wall of the institute on the opposite side from where they sat. He didn't think. He didn't move. He didn't feel. Everything was empty inside him, he felt like a puppet which was played with and then left behind. Usually, it would break his heart seeing Isabelle cry or the disbelieving look Alec had. Usually. But there was nothing inside his chest anymore to be broken. It was as if a cold hand took everything out of him, leaving a case behind which looked like Jace. But the real Jace was gone. He expected to be mad, or terrified, or said, but he didn't expect to feel nothing. Just emptiness. Alec and Isabelle discussed something. Jace wasn't listening. "When are they going to cut out his runes?", Isabelle asked. "We have two more days to go.", Alec said, "Maybe we should do everything a mundane can't. A last demon hunt with all the runes possible, we got nothing to lose. A last fight. A last training. A ride on a vampire-bike! Jump off a ten-stories-building, breaking our legs, applying an Iraze and do it again." "Maybe that's what he wants.", Isabelle said. "No.", said Jace. "You better get used to life without me.", he said and left the library. As he got to his room Clary tortured him again. He wasn't mad. He was glad about the attack at some point. It made him feel something. When Clary finally left his head he looked in the mirror. He smashed it while Clary was there. His hands were bleeding. There was a little piece of mirror stuck in his right palm. He pulled it out. Then, a wave of fear and sadness rushed through him and he began to cry. He felt so lonely. It wouldn't help if Alec was right next to him. Or Isabelle. He knew, there was no reason to live anymore. No one needed him. No one was really worried. Maybe now, they all were but after a month or two, they will all forget him. Maybe not forget him, but they will be glad he left. They will have a better life without him. Although they maybe didn't realize that now, they will. Sooner as they think. No more punishment because of Jace. No more problems because of Jace. Everything will be easier, he thought. And that was the worst feeling of all- knowing, everyone will feel better without you. He went to bed early.

Simon hugged Isabelle. His sweater was wet because of her tears. It broke his heart to see her cry. She told him everything about what happened. Simon tried to talk to Jace, but he wasn't able to make up a conversation. Jace just worked out. All the time. Alec tried to stop him, but he couldn't. Jace wanted to be alone.

Alec was in front of hunter's moon. "If it worked for Jace, it will probably work for me too.", he thought as he stepped inside. There were red lights flashing inside the building. The pub was full of people. Of course, he could see a lot of werewolves but also some vampires, warlocks and Mermaids. As usual, he couldn't see any faeries. They preferred their own parties. Alec wasn't much of a drinker but he just wanted to feel free and forget about Jace and Magnus and everyone else. "Give me some Bourbon.", he said to the werewolf lady at the bar. "Does the head of the institute plan to get drunk tonight?", she asked. Now he recognized it was Maia, he smiled. "Kind of, yes." "As drunk as Simon and Jace some weeks ago?" The name of his Parabatai made Alec wince. "Probably, yeah.", he said. Maia noticed his wince. "Is there something you want to tell me?" Alec thought about it for a second- should he turn this whole situation into downworld gossip? Probably not. But he will tell he anyways when he is drunk enough, so he decided to tell her now: "Uhm, just having lot of stuff to do, some trouble with, uhm, everyone. Everything sucks." Maia still didn't look satisfied with the answer: "Come on, Alec. I know that Jace is at the city of bones, everyone knows that." "He has been.", Alec said, "He isn't anymore." Maia looked confused" That's good, or am I misunderstanding something?" "It's good he's back, yes." "So, what is it?", Maia was getting nervous. "It's the reason he's back. He has no chance. They will take away his runes." He looked at his watch. It was one AM, "Tomorrow."

It's a shorter chapter, I know but I promise the upcoming ones are going to be longer and there will be more action. Also, I want to say that this story is almost finished. Did you like it so far?