C H A P T E R | 1

A U T H O R | Note I'm going to say this from the start(again). I envision the original story with Andrew Garfield as the Spider-Man. This will be the same in this version. You may imagine any one of the actors you like, I just prefer Andrew (I love Tom too. He's fantastic) and wanted people to know, so if I say something more directly hinted at this actor who portrayed our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. You know why. But the original fanfic was also written before Infinity War, End Game and Spider-Man Homecoming movies were even a thing. So don't come at me for a Spider-Man that didn't even exist yet. Also means Ned and MJ DO NOT EXIST in this story.

This version will not be 100% identical to the first and I hope, with the deepest of my abilities, that you love this version just as much as the other one.

Let Version 2.0 commence!

C H A P T E R | 1

Tony groaned unintentionally, feeling the sudden stiffness of his neck consume his first thoughts as he lifted his head. After years of sleeping in odd, non traditional positions, all of which were in his lab or somewhere among the tower, Tony had become accustomed to the sudden aches and pains of a sore body. However, he knew with the change of his living arrangements, a person added to the equation, he had found himself more often than not in his own bed. An odd experience at first, but quickly welcomed at the sudden relief of aches his body ushered out in cries of stiff anguish anytime he moved. Even with his years of adjustment to sleeping in random places, on random objects, it only took a week of sleeping in his actual bed to ruin all of his bodies nerve blockers to dull the pain after sleeping on a motor or passing out partway into a project.

The sound of rustling papers and object becoming dislodged from their original position became very clear in the once silent room. His music long turned off, while the machinery that had been in use were gone and away from his sleeping body. All without a doubt thanks to J.A.R.V.I.S.

"Time.." He barley blurted out as he rubbed his face with his hands. Feeling the side affects of his long, very long, drinking session that he had forgotten about, one that had occurred unintentional, something that was rare nowadays. His throat felt rough and his mouth dry, while his eyes burned at the light wafting through the windows. His hand shot up with little speed to cover his eyes, a half hearted groan of displeasure escaping his lips to fill the silence.

"11:30 A.M, shall I inform 'America's Ass' that you have awoken?" J.A.R.V.I.S said. Tony slowly uncovered his eyes in utter shock, looking up towards the ceiling in complete confusion.

"Who? What??..." he partially mumbled out, unsure of how to answer.

"My apologies sir, in your drunken stupor, you requested that I call Steve 'America's Ass' without any context. Do you wish for me to stop?" J.A.R.V.I.S questioned boldly. Tony leaned back into his desk chair, moving his aching body parts around, listening to them pop and crack, all the while loosening them up from their prolonged stillness.

"Only call him that when it's just me" he quickly informed attempting to erase the growing grin.

"'America's Ass,' I crack myself up..." he whispered to himself. "Let Steve know I'm heading upstairs" Tony called out, slowly rising to his feet before making his way to the elevator. Swiftly gliding across the floor as if he had never awoken hungover, let alone in a painfully unpleasant position that left him sore all over.

"Avengers floor"

The elevator quickly ascended to the Avengers floor where Steve stood over at the oven making breakfast silently. Tony walked hastily over to his husband, only passing to admire him for a moment before quickly closing the distance with his arms wrapped around his waist.