~2~

Weeks have passed since Rimuru ate Veldora. He hopped all over the cave, collecting ore and herbs and learning new skills. Amaryliss accompanied him everywhere.

"Hey, Amaryliss...can I ask you something?" asked Rimuru.

"What do you wish to know?"

"How did you met Veldora? Wasn't it scary to meet a dragon?"

The truth was, he wondered how such an energic and prideful dragon could have a Yamato Nadeshiko as a wife while he didn't even have a girlfriend in his old life.

'The world is truly cruel...' Rimuru cried in his head.

"Hm... rather than scared I was more curious."

"Curious?"

"Originally, I was born as an Ice Spirit in the Snow Mountains. Like any other monsters, I was nameless. The other Ice Spirits loved to torment the humans on their journey." she explained

"Is that like the legend of the 'Yuki-Onna', women which get heartbroken would get lost in the mountains and die there. Afterward, they would be reborn as snow woman taking revenge on the people who hurt them? " Rimuru wondered.

"Yes. But I was different than the others. Unlike the other spirits, I don't remember my old life. Though I was a misfit with the others I didn't mind it much. After all, I am glad that I didn't feel the sadness and anger they felt. "

"I see...But how did you find Veldora in the first place?"

"Well, it all began 500 years ago..."

~500 years ago, Snow Mountains~

A lonely Ice Spirit wandered around the Snow Mountain. Like every day she didn't participate in the fun of the other Ice Spirits. Instead, she enjoyed her walk through nature. This day would be even more beautiful if she could see the wonderful blue sky. Sadly the Snow Mountain is famous for its never-ending blizzards. And even if there was a pause the dark clouds would not disappear. How she wishes she could leave the mountains and see the world with her own eyes. She wishes to see the forest with its green trees and colorful flowers. The beautiful blue sea which shines like a thousand jewels. She wants to feel the warmth of the sun. But sadly that was impossible. Ice Spirits are beings who need the cold of the mountain to survive. For them, the warmth would kill them.

As she continued her walk a huge shadow covered her. The Spirit looked up and saw a dragon flying above her. The Ice Spirit was curious why a dragon would fly over to the mountains but decided to ignore it and floated back home. A few days later she saw the other Spirits whispering to each other. They looked like they were afraid of something.

"Did you hear? Apparently, a dragon had made his home at the peak of the mountains!" one of them whispered.

"No way! Why is a dragon here? What if it attacks us or worse destroys the mountains?" another asked in fear.

The Ice Spirit was curious.

'I wonder if it is the same dragon I saw..."'

Without caution, she was on her way to the mountain peak where the dragon was supposed to be now. When she arrived she floated into the cave and saw the dragon sleeping. Though when she walked closer the dragon opened his eyes and looked at her.

"Who dares to disturb the sleep of the Storm Dragon Veldora?!" he roared as she floated closer.

The Ice Spirit wasn't afraid of him. Instead, she was more fascinated by his shiny scales.