Chapter Two

Nico's Point of View:

They ask me why I hate Percy when I don't so I just walked away. Saying nothing.

Hazel had gone after me but what ever. I ignored it.

Later that night Jason just walked in.

" Come in." I said.

" Sorry." Jason said. " You okay man? With your sister and all...."

" Bianca died years ago, Jason." I said. " I'm fine."

Really far from it.

" Well between no family and Percy." Jason said. " I think you're lying."

" I don't want to talk about it." I told Jason. " If I did, Percy would know and I wouldn't be me."

" Id know what?" Percy was of course passing by and I just fell on my bed. I didn't want to tell him. Not now. Not when he's with her and in such a hard spot.

For him, anyway. He probably already told her he loves her. In Tartarus.

Jason just walked out of the room.

" Why was Jason in here?" Percy was his usual worrying self.

" He just walked in." I said. " Why do you really care?"

" Because I don't know." Percy said. " Rough day for some of us."

" How?" I asked, trying to sound harsh.

" Well honestly." Percy said. Sitting down on my desk chair across from me. I was laying my back on my bed, looking up at the ceiling. Sometimes I really hate life. Like right now. I've loved Percy gods know how long and I can't tell him.

" I'm surprised you didn't flip today."

" When?" I asked.

" Well they brought her up." Percy answered. " Every time I ever tried bringing it up you always flip out."

" Twice, Percy." I said. " You brought her up twice."

" Still." Percy said. " You have it out for me and I know it."

Might we well try to tell him, right?

" It's not like I have it out for you." I tried to explain. " It just.... yeah."

" You know I can't finish that. " Percy said. " I don't know what yeah means when you say that. You've hated me for years as it is. I'm used to it. "

And it came out before I could think.

" I don't hate you." I go on. And realize what I say. " I just.... I can't explain it, okay? Sometimes I want to fucking kill you you're so irritating, sometimes I don't."

" You're starting to sound like Annabeth." Percy told me. " We don't need another her, please. One is more than enough."

He sounded annoyed.

" I thought you and Annabeth were in like, I don't know, freaking love?" I questioned and he shrugged.

" Just because we went through Tartarus doesn't mean that." Percy told me. " You know I would've done that for anyone. Even you."

" It's who you are.." I agreed. Looking over to him. His eyes shone, moving like the sea. Beautiful sea green. He seemed so full of life and he looked at me.

" When was the last time you ate?" Percy sounded all of a sudden worried.

" I had an apple earlier..." I said and he sighed of relief. As much as it's cute when he overreacts or gets to worried, I don't like seeing him not happy.