chapter 11

Just then there was a knock on the door, it was Sakinah. "Oh my God, Sultana how are you doing?" Sakinah said worriedly. "I feel better now ya Sakinah, look worried you are." "I have to be worried, you were hale and hearty when I left you yesterday, be very careful okay."  "I will be thank you."
"I brought breakfast for you, I know nobody likes hospital food." "You can say that again." Sakinah served her some chicken and potato soup. "This is nice ya Sakinah you didn't have to go through all the stress." "It's no problem, anything for you."

Dr. Aisha came to examine her. "How are you feeling now?" She said monitoring her leg. "I am better now, thank you." "I am going to give you a tetanus injection." "Is it really necessary?"

"Yes, it is necessary Sultana."  "Aaargh," Sultana mumbled. "Or you need someone to hold your hands?" "Yes please," Sultana said looking at Sultan, who held her hands tightly. She squinted her eyes as she felt the needle prick her.

"Ouch, that was slow and painful." " Sorry, you are free to go, be more careful."

"Sultana do you want me to carry you?"
"No, thanks I'm fine, just help me up, you know in our society men don't usually carry their wives." "Most of us don't do it because of shyness, but believe me, I can carry you anywhere at any time." "I know right, you carried me in front of your entire family members." He held her by her waist, she wrapped her arms around his shoulder for support.

"Salam Alaikum." "Wa Alaikum Salam, how are you feeling Sultana?" Alico asked "Alhamdulilah, da sauki. better dad. " "Allah ya kara kiyayewa, ayi a hankali dai, be careful." Rakiya added.

Sultan led Sultana upstairs to his room. He adjusted the pillows so she would be more comfortable. "Are you alright?" Sultana nodded her head in response with a faint smile. "Let me grab something for you to eat before lunch is ready." "Okay, Sultan."

On his way, he bumped into Amal. "Ya Sultan where is ya, Sultana?" "She is in the room why?" "I was taking this for her." Sultan collected the tray filled with canapés and the glass of milkshake."Thank you, I will take it from here, stay far away from my room today, and especially from Sultana, she needs to rest."

"Inyee su yaya Sultan kenan." She said teasingly and ran away.

"Here you go, Sultana ." He placed the tray on her lap and turned to leave. Sultana held his wrist. "Where are you going Sultan?"
"I wanted to let you rest." "Stay with me Sultan," She said sincerely, looking into his tender eyes. "I know you haven't had any rest since yesterday, you need more rest than I do." She took a sip from her milkshake and handed it to him. "No, it is all yours."
"I want to share it with you."  "Thank you." They ate quietly stealing awkward glances at each other. Sultana broke the silence after a while. "I want to say thank you Sultan, I appreciate all that you do for me, and how you go out of your way to make sure I am safe and happy, so thank you." She nodded her head and squeezed his hand in hers.
He placed his hand on her cheek, "I love looking out for you, and I will always go out of my way to see that you are happy and safe, it makes me happy."

"Sultan, that is so sweet of you, you want to know what is sweeter?" Sultana said with a mischievous smirk. "What is sweeter than you Sultana?" She blushed and seductively bit her lower lip, the move that always sent shivers down his spine.  "Enlighten me." She moved closer to him and let her gaze drop to his lips, she  inched higher she lifted his jaw with two of her fingers and stared at his lips, everything became leaden at that moment for Sultan, as he waited for her to take full control over him, all the knots in his stomach unhinged as Sultana pressed her lips to his slowly and passionately, he responded equally before his became more urgent, he could feel the urgency as her tongue searched for his tongue he pressed her closer until there was no gap between them, she kissed him with all the pent up desires that burned in her.