Wish

"Be my prom date?"

It was risky, Tae knew that. He knew that Tee just currently moved on from August, and that he had just moved on from Prae. It was risky, but he had to try at one point, right?

Tee looked up from his sketchbook and stared at Tae with genuine shock.

They've been friends ever since last year and, even though that's not much, it meant a lot to them.

Tae knew how Tee felt when he found out that August cheated.

Tee knew Tae's pain when he couldn't take Prae's childishness anymore.

They both just healed their broken hearts but, they both knew that this was more on right than wrong.

"Y-you want to go to prom with me? Me?", Tee asked as he closed his sketchbook, his eyes wide and confused. As much as he wants to go with his P'Tae, he isn't even sure if he would go to prom.

The latter pulled out a chair and sat in front of Tee and smiled. "Yes, you.", He sucked in a breath before continuing. "I know it's been a tough couple of months for the both of us but", he stopped again to take Tee's hand and put it over his left chest. "I'm sure about this, T.", He finished and gave the other a soft smile.

"I'm—," Tee took a deep breath and clutched at Tae's shirt. "Okay. Okay, I will.", He said softly and smiled.

The grin that Tae gave him was so bright that the sun would be shy. It was enough to take his breath away.

Tae placed his fingers between the spaces of Tee's and held it tightly. "You won't regret it."

That was enough for Tee to believe.

They didn't do the "I'll pick you up at 8" kind of routine and, instead, decided to go with each other's parents/relatives.

They met up in the middle of the hotel's lobby and, there, Tae gave Tee the roses he bought. He knew that Tee liked it the old fashioned way so, instead of giving him a sunflower like everybody else did, he chose the classic red rose.

This made Tee smile up brightly at Tae before remembering that he had something for him as well. Tee reached in his suit pocket and took out a boutonnière that he made for Tae the night before. He reached up and pinned it on the other's lapel with the roses tucked between his arm and chest. Once he was done, he set his hands down and hugged the bouquet of roses to his chest.

Tae smiled down at Tee and told himself that it's time. He leaned down to whisper something in his ear, "I'll introduce you to my mom now, okay?"

Tee looked at Tae with shock, his eyes contemplating. It was the smile that Tae gave him that made his worries turn into ease. He eventually nodded with a smile as well.

"Mae, this is Tee.", Tae introduced with a hand on the small of Tee's back.

Tee gave a shy smile before talking. "Good evening, Ma'am, it's nice to meet you."

"Mom is fine, 'ma'am' is too formal" Tae's mother smiled at him and went in to give Tee a tight hug. "But hello, Nong, I've heard so much about you."

This shocked Tee but, eventually, he hugged back just as tight. Only pulling back when he felt Tae's mother push him softly. "All good things, I hope.", He joked, still shy as ever.

Tae chuckled at this but he couldn't deny the warmth in his chest, seeing how his mom liked Tee a lot.

"Purely nice things. Tae can't stop talking about you at home, you know."