Date

I wake up feeling like I've had a real good sleep. The sort where you feel like you've slept for a 100 years. I slowly open my eyes, sunlight streams in through the Malibu Stacey curtains. I'm confused as to where I am, until I hear a knock on the bedroom door.

"Hey Molly you awake?" Bart asks from the other side.

"Yes"

Bart enters the room and opens the curtains.

"What a beautiful sunny day. Did you sleep alright?"

"Slept very well actually"

"I mean you probably didn't get to bed until the early hours of the morning. We chatted on that bridge for a long time"

"Yeah"

I notice Bart has a plastic bag in his hand. I'm sat up in the bed with the duvet over the bottom half of my body, while Bart sits down on top of the bed covers beside me.

"Last night you asked me for an old towel to take to bed. Well now you don't have to worry about old towels" Bart took sanitary towels out of the bag. I'm not at all creeped out, he honestly knew why I wanted the old towel last night. Guys who know about women's cycles are pretty rare.

"thank you Bart" I smiled remembering that all my other sanitary towels were mauled by Clarence the dog during last night's horrendous episode.

"It's fine, Molly. I just want you to feel comfortable"

Bart then pulls out a pair of sky blue jeans and a white t shirt with cute little butterflies on it.

"You didn't have to do this" I smile. It's lovely that Bart has bought me some new clothes, they look like Walmart clothes but that doesn't bother me at all. With my curvaceous shape I'd be amazed if they fit me.

"Well I thought you might want some clean clothes today"

I smiled "that's very sweet of you"

Bart asks if I'd like a shower and puts on the hot water for me. His shower is okay, the floor and walls of the shower are a foamy green plastic with a white linen shower curtain. Bart goes through all the trouble of finding me some 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner, soap, facial scrub and even pink glittery Disney princess shower gel.

After I've had a good warm wash I put on my clothes and scrape my clean hair into a ponytail. To my amazement the clothes he bought me actually fit pretty well. I walk to the living room where Bart is in a pair of quarter length light brown trousers, a long sleeved white t shirt with two buttons at the chest, his converse and a backwards black baseball cap. He is wearing a diamond like earring today and he's even had a shave!

"Now you must be hungry. Fancy a picnic in the park?"

"Sure"

This is sweet of Bart but as we go down to his car I realise he has bought no food with us. But Bart's idea of a picnic is taking Krusty Burger nuggets to the park.

Originally I suggest we share a box of 20 between us. But Bart ends up ordering 50!

"Bart I'm not sure..." I try to be grateful but honest

"Oh don't worry. If you don't eat 'em all then the more for me"

We order an extra large fries to share between us, two super size Buzz Cola's as well as an array of dips - Schezuan, Garlic Mayo, hickory BBQ, honey mustard and buffalo. Bart pays even though I insist on going double dutch. He gets an employee discount as he has a part time job at Krusty Burger. When he isn't working there he is at nightschool doing an art course, Bart's dream is to teach art workshops in prisons and homes like Acorn House rather than in schools . I admire a man with ambitions, Aspen's only ambitions were to have big muscles and own a Ferrari . He taught yoga so that he could show off his body to the ladies of Springfield.

To the park we go where Bart sets up two Disney beach towels in place of a Picnic blanket.

"I love Disney" I confess.

"Me too actually. Well I have to with two eight year old daughters"

Now the pink girly bedroom I slept in last night makes sense. Why would a fully grown masculine man have Malibu Stacey curtains and a My Little Pony duvet in his home. Bart must've been 16 when they were born, I have no issue with this at all. I don't have a problem with the fact Bart has already slept with other women and I don't have a problem with him being a dad - I love kids.

"I was only in high school when they were born. Transitioning from a rebellious emo- skater teenager to a Dad was not easy. Yeah they live with their mom most of the time but she is not the best mom. Their mom still lives with her own parents who do all the house chores. All their grandma does for dinner is supermarket prepared salad - they're lazy like that while their granddad orders a takeout every night. My daughters McKayla and McKenzie are lucky to feel full at the end of the day. The salad never really fills them up and they're lucky if they get a few scraps of granddad's takeout. A few weeks ago I picked them up and walked into the kitchen to see them on the floor eating jalapeños straight from the jar. Apparently they were hungry, the adults did nothing and all the little girls could find was a jar of jalapeños. They'd already eaten half the jar between them so by the time they were in my car they were crying about stomach aches and when we got home they fought to use the toilet because they both had horrendous diarrhoea. I had a big big talk with their mom about giving the girls proper food and telling them what's right to eat and what's not"

"Poor things. Did they have further problems?"

"Thankfully no. They're just too frightened to touch jalapeños ever again"

I tell Bart about how I went to one of Springfield's few private schools - dad thought it'd be the best for me. In fact it was the Catholic girls school even though I'm not religious. But I didn't have the concentration to last in the classes that would get me to college so I went to beauty school to train as a hairdresser who specialised in vintage hairstyles. I was working in industry by the time I was 18 but after a year I found it too demanding so I quit. I worked at Starbucks until they fired me when I asked for bereavement after my dad died. But then I trained to be a disability carer and have been working at Acorn House ever since. From the age of 7 I was vegan, until two years ago when an Acorn House resident named Ralph Wiggum ordered Dominos on his birthday. Big thick greasy cheesy slices of pepperoni pizzas. Molly gave in and has never looked back since. I tell Bart all of this, he laughs his ass off at the pizza part. He also happens to know Ralph Wiggum so we joke about being Springfield being such a small world.

Bart talks to me about how he worked various below minimum wage jobs after high school before doing a bricklaying course at community college. Well he worked in that trade until he got bored of it and wanted to work within art. He has been at night school two years now and graduates next. We're both happy to listen to one another but we gaze into one another's eyes.

"Your really kindhearted man you know that" I tell him.

"And your one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen"

For a moment we gaze into one another's eyes. Bart is the most handsome man I've ever seen with my naked eyes. Yeah I've seen plenty of handsome guys in movies but it's not the same as in real life. Especially one that appears to like you in return.

I feel a drop of water land on my head and then another.

"Fancy going to watch the latest Pixar movie?"

"You bet"

So off to the movie theatre we go. All the kids come out of the previous showing so it looks like Bart and I might be the only viewers. Well we do turn out to be the only people in this particular showing of the movie but that's more than okay 😉.

Bart's hand "slips" into mine. His hand is strong but he ever so gently uses his finger tips to stroke the area around my knuckles.

The movie is a good laugh for adults and kids. But thankfully there are no kids in this showing. In fact there is hardly anyone else apart from myself and this sexy blonde man named Bart. He even puts the arm rest that separates us bolt-right up, this allows me to snuggle up to him. I feel his strong arm around me as I rest my head against his chest. To say I feel all warm and fuzzy right now would be an understatement .