Chapter 18: Pathetic

"HUH!?" 

Back to the present, Midoriya yells, making me want to shut him up with the papers I had to grade. "That's it?! That can't be it!!" he says. What about the license exam?!" 

"Aced it.." 

"The summer camp?!" 

"Didn't need it.." 

Momo puts a hand to her chin, as if she was thinking of something. "There is something I do have to ask... do you still have connections with your classmates from UA." she asks. 

I sighed, wanting only to snuggle into my sleeping bag after telling the story that took up to 18 chapters to tell. "Yeah, I mean mic is in the school. Nemuri is still nuts-" 

"I meant with All might.." Momo asks, innocently. 

But such an innocent question leaves me speechless, what could I say, yes? I'd be lying if I said that. I still feel guilty every time I look at all the posters and merchandise that the public put up to honor the legendary hero. 

I sighed, "Q +A's over... the bell's gonna ring soon, shoo!!" I said pushing them out of my classroom. 

"B-But!!" Midoriya stutters, but before I could even hear him the door closes, leaving the students outside. 

I sighed, when I'm finally alone, I pull my sleeping bag up to my chin. Trying not to think of all the bad memories, I close my eyes trying to force myself to sleep, but I can't. 

I don't know why. 

"I meant with All might.."  

The question left me exposed, made me so uncomfortable. 

Why did it matter? 

It's all down in history...

I chuckled, at the broken memories and the path that I've now walked through, looking back to see what I could've down that was better. "A hero's history huh?"  

I smiled at nothing, but my useless self. 

"How pathetic..."

Author's Note:

Thank you all for reading this work and giving me such supportive love!! 

However this is the end, I know it seem's really sad. But I really couldn't picture Aizawa in this book as having a happy ending. I felt like he's a character that holds scars with many regrets and I wanted to illustrate him looking back at all of it in sadness. 

I felt that a hero shouldn't only look at his work in glory, but look how they got there. Even if it's a bitter one like Aizawa's it still should be remembered in history. Which is why I called this book "A hero's history"

WELL I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT THOUGH!! 

I also have another bnha work in my profile, if you'd like to check that out yourself!! 

Thank you all for the time you took to read this and I truly hope the best for all of you. 

Stay strong heroes!!

-Apikachucanwrite