Chapter 8: Remember

Start from the beginning

Oak: come on, (y/n). you always love seeing our guild mates duke it out.

(Y/n): I know, but I'm just not feeling it today.

Oak: I understand that your still upset, but can you at least pretend that your enjoying it.

Just as Natsu and Erza we're about to unleash simultaneous attacks, there was the sound of a gong and they stopped.

???: This fight is over.

A frog woman walked towards the center of the crowd and spoke.

Froggy: may I have your attention please? I have come here on behalf of the magic council.

Levy: no way!

Jet: seriously?!

Droy: why would the council send her here

Lucy: am I the only one who noticed SHE'S A FROG!

Froggy: as a result of the Eisanwald incident a member of your guild has been charged with 11 counts of criminal property damage. Erza Scarlet, you are under arrested.

Natsu. Huh, your putting her under a what?!

And with that Erza was taken to Era in cuffs. We where just sitting in the guild hall with Lucy and Grey, Natsu was turned into a lizard and trapped inside a cup so he wouldn't go after Erza.

Oak: well, that just happened.

(Y/n): man, her voice was irritating.

Lucy: so, why exactly do you look like you haven't eaten in days?

(Y/n): because I haven't.

Lucy: what, why?!

(Y/n): Oak, you tell her.

I sighed and began to explain what happened.

Oak: the day after we got back from Clover, we visited a cabin in the woods and we found something...strange.

Grey: what was it?

(Y/n) took the note and photo out of his bag and placed them on the table. Lucy picked up the photo and looked at it for a few seconds.

Lucy: who are these people?

(Y/n): they're my parents.

Lucy and Grey looked at (y/n) in surprise.

Lucy: wait, these people are your parents?!

(Y/n): yeah, apparently I was taken from them as a baby and my dad went looking for me.

Oak: we should talk about this later, we need to get you some food, (y/n).

(Y/n) got up from the table and started walking towards the door.

(Y/n): I'll eat...w-when I get back to the tree h-house.

His steps slowed down until he came to a stop, his face turned pale and he collapsed to he floor.

Oak: oh my god!

I ran over to him and checked his pulse. He was just unconscious, probably from a lack of sleep.

Oak: I need to get him home!

Elfman: I'll carry him, you won't be able to lift him.

Oak: thank you so much, Elfman.

(Y/N)'s POV

I remember walking out of the guild hall to the tree house when I felt sweaty and my vision became blurry. Everything went black and I fell unconscious. I'm surprised I wasn't dead, I hadn't eaten in so long. To be honest I'm glad I'm still alive. It's amazing how someone who's able to destroy all life on Earth if he wanted can appreciate life so much.

Flashback

I was rolling around in the grass just playing in a meadow. It was a beautiful sunny day and I just had to find my own way to enjoy it. I sat down and took a little break, my head shifted to sky and I saw the white fluffy clouds above.

???: It's beautiful, isn't it?

I turned and saw my dad, Fatalis.

(Y/n): yep, sure is.

We just sat there staring up at the clouds when I felt something on my hand. I looked and saw a butterfly with a blue dotted pattern on it's wings. I lifted it closer to my face and looked at it in amazement.

(Y/n): Fatalis, look, a butterfly!

He looked at my hand and smiled.

Fatalis: haha, you really have a fascination with other creatures don't you?

(Y/n): yeah.

He was silent for a moment

Fatalis: it's amazing how creatures like us can appreciate life so much.

(Y/n): what do you mean creatures like us?

Fatalis: think about, I'm able to extinguish all life on this planet in an instant, and I've taught you magic that allows you to do the same. So you and I are basically 1 and the same.

My attention turned back to the butterfly. It began to flap it's wings and flew off my hand and to a nearby flower.

Fatalis: (y/n).

I turned to him.

Fatalis: I want you to know that life isn't supposed to be taken, but many people in this world still take the lives of others for their own personal gain. I want you to promise me that if you ever come across someone who tries to take the lives of innocent people, stop them.

I looked him and smiled

(Y/n): I will, those guys won't know what hit them. They'll regret the day they ever messed with me.

Fatalis: hahaha, I want you to make me 1 more promise.

(Y/n): what is it?

Fatalis: never loose that cheery attitude of yours.