Pure Love

A/N: Hiiiii!!!! I know its been a long time, but I lost inspiration for a while. And if im honest, most of my stories come in the form of dreams and im always too lazy to write them out. Anyways, this is kinda all over the place and I didn't proofread or edit it. I just let it flow. lol. Thank you for all the love on the first short! Thanks and enjoy! ~

Bumblebee had never been in love before; he was born into war and has continued to fight endlessly, always striving to protect the innocent and serve the greater good. Hell, he didn't even know the term 'love' until coming to Earth.

He understood the concept, and could (after extensive research and deep self searching) tell you he loved his fellow Autobots and his human companions. After looking up various definitions and watching specials on it, he knew there were different types of love also.

Bumblebee loved his comrades; he could even compare them to a different human family counterpart. Optimus was obviously the father; Ratchet and Prowl both felt like the know it all uncles; Ironhide felt similar to a grumpy grandfather; Arcee reminded him of an older sister, and the twins were like two annoying younger brothers.

Bumbleebee loved his human friends as well. Although he hadn't seen her in a long time, he loved Charlie; she was always going to have a special place in his spark. Sam was his best friend, and he loved him too. He loved him even more when he left the blonde human and went back to one of Bee's other closest friends, Mikeala (whom he also loved dearly).

He even considered Colonel Lennox a friend, and loved him and his family very much. His little sparkling was the definition of cute and Bee couldn't help but adore her.

So yes, Bumblebee understood love, and loved many people, but he had never been in love before.

That was before Y/N though.

Y/N had stumbled into the alien's life over a year ago and had managed to sneak her way into the odd little family they had created. Everyone loved her, she was perfect (at least Bee believed so, and good luck convincing him otherwise).

Now if only he could tell her.

But what was he supposed to say? "Hey Y/N, I just wanted to let you know I think you are the greatest creation to ever exist and I am ninety nine percent sure I love you!"

Yeah, no, not happening.

When she drove with him around town he would always play those sappy boyband songs she like so much, hoping she would pick up some hints.

She didn't.

For as smart and beautiful and talented as Y/N was, she was also painfully oblivious to any sort of romantic feelings from anyone around her. She usually took flirting as someone being nice, and if you didn't outright say, "Y/N. I really like you and would like to go on a date with you (and make sure to emphasize the word date, maybe even through in on a date as a possible future romantic partner just to be sure)," she would never have a clue.

After Ratchet fixed his voice box, Bee thought he finally might be able to tell her how he feels...

But then the doubt kicked in.

Y/N was human. Bumblebee was cybertronian. Both alien to each other, what would a relationship like that even entail? He could never give her a normal life; Bee had already dragged her into a war, and was too selfish to let her go now. Y/N loved children (he saw the way she cared for Annabelle and it touched his spark everytime), but that's something he could never give her. He had heard her talk to the other females about weddings; she wanted a huge one at some place called Disneyworld in front of a castle with her entire family watching. Bee had to stay hidden (but if she wanted him, he would risk it, cover be dammed).