ⁱᵗ

²³|⁰¹|²⁰¹⁹

i was reading something the other time on here and i got sidetracked

i asked myself a question.
can people decide for others when a joke gets old ?
because let's face it we all feel differently about a joke.

there are people like me that like to ironically use yeet and skrrt for example.
there are 12 year olds just saying jokes they heard somewhere else.
there are people that genuinely like them cause it's linked to memories
there are people that heard them for the first time.

personally i like to use ancient memes, because just because they're not the newest, it doesn't mean they stopped being funny to me. also because it makes more of my friends laugh because they remember what i mean. (not talking about kpop btw)

i like to ironically make fun of the times we used to like this or that.

now that i've said this, let's get to the real point of this.

fandom jokes that people ban

i'm talking
"you got no jams" for example

who decided that it was old ?
don't get me wrong, i 'm not a fan of using it, but i'm genuinely asking who thought of himself that good to decide others shouldn't use it?

you don't like using it? well then don't.
you have no need to insult someone that uses it, and to tell them to burn in hell.

feel like throwing your brother and bleaching your eyes when reading it? well then do that. or maybe don't read that content from that kind of people

it's unnecessary to hate, and eventually that person will grow bored of it.

humour isn't the same for everyone

i agree with the fact that the fans that say "jiminnnn" when someone even mentions the word "jams" is annoying.

but don't pretend to be the mature one if you hate on them

i believe that when used subtly, with your friends, an "old" joke can be funny, because a joke depends a lot on the way you use it.

also, remember that new fans discover these jokes only now, and to them they are still fresh and alive, because they searched up "unhelpful guides" to certain groups, and the old jokes are in there and explained, because that's part of the group at some point. at some point jokes are always iconic. and if someone tells you 'you have to know this to be a real stan' then you'll use it to prove that you are.

so if you see, or hear that kind of joke just don't mention it: the person will cringe about themselves later on when they've grown bored of it.

also yall are hypocrites somehow if you shame them because you used them too

also i'm seriously considering deleting all the rants on here and rom-com because let's be honest it's shit