Part 17 - Picture

Peter's POV:

She ignored me all day. She wouldn't even look at me. I deserve it. I let Liz's lies about Y/N get in my head. But I'm sure Liz didn't mean to lie. She wouldn't.

"Hey," Ned walked up to me by my locker. It was the end of the day and I was getting ready to walk home, alone.

"Hey man," I replied.

"So, have you talked to Y/N?" He whispers and looks over to Y/N's locker which is about halfway down the hallway.

She's standing at her locker with MJ. Her hair is pushed behind her ear, and she looks tired. She closes her locker door and then walks out the doors of the school with MJ.

"She doesn't want to talk to me. I just don't know anything about her."

Ned sighs, "Peter you knew more about her than you knew about yourself. You just need something to remember,"

"Yeah, and I am gonna try to get some information tonight that may help me."

~

Your POV:

School sucked. I kept thinking about Peter. He wasn't acting like my best friend. I miss him, but of course, all he cares about it Liz now.

My evening wasn't anymore depressing than my day, my mom was out with Vincent so that left me home alone to drown myself in food.

I wanted to be social so I called Elise around 5:55 in the evening. I just needed to talk to someone.

"Hello?" She said when she answered.

"Hey, I'm bored and depressed, do you want to talk?" I ask. I take a handful of Cheetos and stuffed them in my mouth.

I could hear her phone vibrate against her cheek like she was getting another phone call, "Listen, Y/N, I'm so sorry but I have something I need to do. I have tennis practice tonight."

I continue to chew my Cheetos, "OK? Fine, we can just talk after."

"Thanks!" Her phone continues to buzz against her cheek, "I gotta go, bye."

She hung up instantly and I threw my phone on the couch. I knew she was lying to me but I wasn't going to interfere.

~

Peter's POV:

Ned offered to come over after school but I told him no cause I had lots of homework. When I got home I did my homework quickly so that I would be ready when it was time to call Elise.

Around 5:55 I told May that I was going to talk to Ned on the phone to do some homework. She said that she wouldn't disturb me.

I went through my contacts and found Elise's contact and I clicked dial. It rang for a while, and I got worried that she wouldn't answer.

Finally, she picked up with a simple, "Hey Peter."

"Hey, is this a good time?" I ask as I sit down on the bed.

"Yeah, this is fine. So what do you want to know?"

I take a deep breath, "How close were Y/N and me?"

She chuckled, "God Peter, you guys were like conjoined at the hip. You never let her out of your sight. And you two were always just looking at each other. I have never seen two people care that much about each other."

I look at my desk and see a picture sitting there. It's a picture of me and a girl who I am assuming is Y/N. She's dressed in blue jeans and a red shirt. We're both smiling at the camera but my eyes are looking at her. If I had to guess, I'd say we're around 10.