Part 8 - The Mission

Once Peter and I map out a plan, we gather everyone up and leave for the mall. I have to admit I am really nervous about this mission. I haven't been Gemini in a year, and I don't want to let Peter down.

"You OK?" Ryder asks me.

I look up at Ryder who is giving me a concerned look. Peter, Ned, and MJ are walking behind us. I look at Peter and give him a smile and he returns it.

I turn back around and face forward, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just worried about getting the work done for Tony."

Ryder takes my hand in his and kisses it, "You're going to do great with whatever you do. You are the smartest, and the most hardworking person I know."

Peter's POV

Ryder took her hand and kissed it. Then he said something softly to her and she smiled. It hurts to see them together. I should have done more to keep in touch with her when she was in Florida. But I was too upset about us breaking up, and I got all nervous around her.

Ned patted me on the shoulder and gave me a sympathetic look.

When we arrived at the mall Y/N and I led the group walking mindlessly around the mall. We were looking for any signs of the attacker.

"Is there a reason we're just walking around?" MJ asks.

I turn around to look at MJ who looks annoyed, "Uh, sorry. You guys can go somewhere. We have to do our work for Mr. Stark now."

Y/N nods her head and looks apologetically at Ryder, "Just go ahead with them, Tony said this is supposed to be a secret."

Your POV:

"Just go ahead with them, Tony said this is supposed to be a secret,"

Ryder gives me an unsure look and then watches Peter for a moment. I know he's not comfortable with me being alone with Peter but there's no way that I'll let him figure out our secrets.

"Alright," Ryder agrees. He walks off with MJ and Ned, leaving me and Peter alone.

We walk around for a little longer just talking but also keeping a lookout. Peter's phone buzzes a couple of times but he ignores it since Aunt May said that she may give him updates about her cooking class. A couple of minutes later my phone buzzed in my pocket.

I took it out and saw a text from "Unknown":

Unknown:
Check Peter's phone.

"Hey can I see your phone?" I ask Peter.

He slowly pulls it out of his pocket and hands it to me, "Sure?"

I look at the lock screen and see several text messages from "Unknown". They all say the same sentence:

Unknown:
Cafe. Orange shirt, black pants. Bomb. 10 minutes.

"We have to get changed, now," I tell Peter and start to head for the bathroom.

He follows behind me, "Why?"

I hand him his phone and keep walking, "The attacker has a bomb, he's going to be in the Cafe in 10 minutes, but based on when you got that text it's more like two minutes."

Peter looks at his phone and then puts it in his pocket, "Shit."

We both run to the bathroom with our backpacks on our back. Once I enter the women's room I check to make sure no one is in any of the stalls. Then, I lock the door and unzip my backpack. I grab my suit out of it. I've worn this many times, but it's been a year since I wore it last. It still feels like the first time I put this on.