Chapter 3: Apparations, Arguments, and Agreements

A/N: i'm writing less and less words every time be proud :)

--

Harry had just apparated into the kitchen.

"Don't do that!" Draco, Hermione and Ron chorused angrily. Tensions were running high and being startled didn't help. Harry, taken aback, held his hands up in surrender. "Hermione said it was urgent! Sorry Draco, for barging in like this," Harry said, trying to smooth down his hair. Draco was too surprised to respond. Ron scoffed. "Unbelievable," he muttered under his breath. Hermione, slightly flustered from all the commotion, snapped, "Sit down, Harry." He sat.

"You wouldn't believe these two!" She fumed to Harry. "Arguing like cats and dogs one second, then teaming up to argue with me. But the bottom line is that Draco doesn't want to go and Ron doesn't want him to; that much they agree on."

Harry looked confused. "You didn't forgive him?" he asked Ron. Ron was surprised. "You did? Really?" he responded. Then it was Draco's turn to look surprised. "Wait... you really forgave me? That wasn't some sort of fake letter?" Harry looked at Draco, once more confused. "What? Of course not. I was busy with the wedding, that's why the letter seemed off, I rushed it. And Ron, of course I forgave him, he's clearly changed." Hermione was looking at all of them incredulously.

"Pancake, Hermione?" Harry offered her one as she looked around at the boys in bewilderment. "Incredible," she whispered to herself. "All of them, each as dense as the last." She then addressed Harry. "No, I'm good, thanks." There was a brief pause in conversation as Harry ate his pancake.

"Right then, you lot, listen," Hermione said. "I thought it would be a good idea for Draco to go to the Burrow today so that we could see if everyone would be okay with him coming. Draco and Ron are both opposed to this, so I wanted your take Harry, as it is your wedding."

Harry finished chewing his pancake. "Yeah, it's a good way to show you've changed. And if you haven't, we'll know, or you will feel a bit guiltier ruining my wedding day after meeting everyone."

Draco, slightly hurt, nodded. "That's fair, I guess," he said. Harry nodded vigorously. "Oh no, it is. And it's generous too. Because I don't want any messing about. I don't want another Malfoy causing more messes for the Weasleys, and I don't want you to be a cat among the pixies on the most important day of my life. Understood?" Harry spoke sharply.

The table was quiet, surprised at Harry's sudden outburst. Draco broke the silence. "Y-yes. Of course. I've changed, I swear, and I'll only go if you want me to." Harry leaned back in his chair. He eyed Draco thoughtfully before speaking again.

"I really want you to come, if you've really changed. I think you were always a good person, but didn't always show it. And let's not forget, I wasn't always nice to you either. But Hogwarts is behind us now. I hope we can both move forwards. I'm happy to give you a second chance."

Harry extended his hand, and Draco shook it enthusiastically. "Thank you Harry, thank you very much." Both men smiled.