Chapter 1

Dawson's POV

Lacrosse is my everything!
Run. Dodge. Get the ball. Be fast. Shoot.
I repeat that in my head every time I play to push myself to be the best because if I'm not the best than what am I.
"Geez D where just practicing" a voice said behind me. I turned around to realize I pushed my best friend Valerie on the floor to beat her to the goal. "I'm sorry I got excited" I smiled at her my very charming smile. "Your lucky I can't stay mad at you Dawson but wow you really got me like shit my ass is gonna bruise now" I laughed at her then went to help her up " sorry I can't help it if I'm just that good" she smiled knowing she couldn't argue because I am good, no I'm the best and as much as I loved Valerie I know I could beat her one v one easily.
It's Friday and I'm at my free period luckily I have it with Valerie so instead of going to class we get in a good hour of practice. " we only have a minute left till bell rings D we should get going" I sigh knowing she's right "one more shot" I shoot I aim for top right corner and.....
ITS IN! Exactly where I wanted.
RINGGGG!!!!!
I started walking to my algebra 2 class waving bye to Valerie. I'm an athlete so when it comes to subjects like math I could care less the class felt pointless but it was my last class of the day and that meant only one hour till practice. Just thinking about playing boosted my energy I felt like I could jump off the walls.
"Dawson wait up" I turned around to see my boyfriend Cole Mathis probably the most attractive guy at our  school running towards me with his gorgeous grin. We've been together since freshman year we clicked instantly because of lacrosse he's the boys co-captain. Sometimes I feel like where only together because he's the best boy player and I'm the best girl player, like the school expects it of us to be together. Don't get me wrong I love Cole he was my first everything but I'm not sure if I'm still IN love with him or if I ever was.
"Hey babe" I say as he finally catches up to me grabbing my hand. "Hey, so after practice today there's gonna be a huge party some reef kids is throwing you in?"
I'm always down for a party but when Cole says reef kid I immediately want to decline. I go to Vella high school it's a public school and not a very good one but the lacrosse program here is unbeatable. The only other school that even gets close is coral reef high school which is a school only a 5 minute drive from mine. Ever since freshman year there the only school that has beat us. They only beat us once in a scrimmage but it still damaged our pride. The only reason they even beat us last year was because of there new midi I think her name was kara or something also I wasn't at full health still recovering from a broken leg.
"Why would we go to a reef party" I asked
" well it's at a huge mansion and even though it's some coral reef girl throwing it everybody is going"  I thought about it for a second staring at Coles pleading face. "Fine, but I'm driving and Valerie and Dylan come with" he practically jumped from excitement making me laugh                         RINGGGG!!!!!
"Dammit I'm late for class" he gave me a quick kiss me ran to his class. When I got to my class I walked in and sat in my regular seat right next to my other bestfriend, Dylan Casey. Every girl in school wanted to be with him Especially since he made co-captains with Cole but none of them would ever get a chance because he's gay but I'm the only person that knows.
"Hey Dylan what's up" I said as I put my bag down " nothing just waiting for practice only an hour left" I looked at the clock upset. A whole nother hour. The teacher yelled for everyone to be quite but like always we ignored him. " so Dylan your coming with me, Valerie, and Cole to a party tonight" I heard him sigh "do I have to I always end up being the designated driver" I smirked knowing it's true.
"That's only because you refuse to drink" he was about to argue when the teacher called on us. " mrs. Andrew mr. Casey would you both like detention and miss precious lacrosse practice" we both look at each other actually scared. "No, sir" we both said in unison. For the rest of class we both stayed quiet in fear of missing practice.
There's only three minutes till class is over and my skin was itching to be on the field playing I looked over to Dylan who was watching the clock so closely I thought he might actually make it explode. Both of us where tapping our feet like we were addicts waiting for a fix.
                        RINGGGG!!!!
——

Feedback is welcomed