Comfort

Levi reached out and gently took her hand in his. Hanji jumped a little.

"Oh...h-hey Levi," she said, quickly wiping her tears.

Levi looked at her concerned. Hanji sniffled and looked to the side.

"Hanji, why are you crying?" Levi asked.

"It's nothing..." Hanji replied.

Levi saw the tears in her eye. Without saying anything, he picked her up and walked to the bathroom. Hanji let Levi take her clothes off and put her into a bath. Levi sat next to her. He reached out towards her eye patch. Hanji pushed his hand away.

"No..." she mumbled.

"It needs to come off Hanji, if you leave it on when it's wet, you'll cause issues for the eye," Levi said.

"No, it can stay on..." Hanji replied.

"If you're just saying that because you think your eye is ugly now, then I disagree," Levi said.

Hanji looked at him. Levi gently pulled her hand away from her eye and removed the eyepatch. Hanji looked down.

"Its hideous..." she said.

"I think it looks just fine," Levi replied.

He gently stroked her cheek. Levi began to wash her hair.

"Now, what were you crying about," he asked.

"Not...important," Hanji replied.

"It is," Levi said.

"Tell me Hanji. And another question, where is your crutch? You know you're not supposed to be walking around without it."

"Floch broke it..." Hanji said.

This immediately set of an internal alert inside Levi. So Floch was the reason Hanji was upset.

"Is this why you were crying? Because your crutch was broken?" Levi asked.

He knew that wasn't the answer but Hanji wouldn't tell him what was making her upset otherwise.

"No, he just said some...harsh things," Hanji said.

More tears fell from her good eye.

"Tell me," Levi encouraged as he gently brushed through her hair.

"Floch grabbed me and slammed me against the wall. His buddies broke my crutch and when I asked him to release me, he didn't so I punched him. Then he threw me to the ground, which is why I'm muddy. I tried to get up but he punched me," Hanji explained.

"H-he said I was a shitty commander, that I was useless, pathetic and worthless, how could I let some many innocents die, I would never be Erwin and...that he wished I had died instead of the soldiers..."

"I'll be right back." Levi said.

He got up but Hanji grabbed his arm.

"Levi, don't!" she said.

"I will not let him speak to you like that," Levi replied.

Hanji could see the anger in his eyes.

"It's done, what's been said has been said," she said.

"There's no need to do anything."

"The hell there is, that bastard can't talk about you that way and treat you like that."Levi thought.

He sat back down though, right now his focus was on Hanji.

"Where did he punch you?" Levi asked.

Hanji pointed. Levi tilted her chin up and frowned seeing the bruise along the lower part of her cheek. He also noticed it was a little swollen.

"I'm going to go get you a cold compress for that, stay in the bath and warm up," Levi said.

He kissed her nose and got up.

"I'll wash myself a little while you're gone," Hanji said.

"No no, I will wash you once I get back," Levi replied.

Hanji pouted a little.

"I just want you to rest and relax," Levi said.

He walked out and just for added measure, locked the door. Not to keep Hanji in, he knew she'd stay there, it was to keep unwanted guests out. Levi was dead set on finding Floch and he figured he'd look while he went to grab the cold compress.