Scared

Hey guys I just wanted to say listen to Bother by stone sour while reading this chapter it goes with it a bit. Or never too late by 3 days grace.

---------------------------

James pov

-----------------------------

  I woke up to my mate asleep in my arms. She was beautiful. Her blond hair was almost completely white and her face was kind. She had high cheekbones that were shadowed by her thick, blonde eyelashes. Her lips were bowshaped and a light pink color that complimented her pale skin. I smiled gently then kissed her head.

She stirred but didn't wake up. She turned slightly in her sleep so that light from the window beside me bathed her in its glow. Then I got a really good look at her.

She was very thin, almost to the point where you could easily see all the bones in her body. She was wearing a long sleeved, baggy shirt and baggy yoga pants, both of which made it hard to tell that she was malnourished. She turned over completely in her sleep, so the her back was towards my chest and her shirt came up a bit.

  Something dark caught my eye, so I lifted it up a bit more and then I saw the bruises on her side. I growled out loud and I felt my eyes bleed to black.

'I'm going to kill the person who touched her!' My wolf, Damon snarled inside my head. 'Find THEM! Find them now so that I can rip them to shreds! I want their blood spilled!' He continued.

Eina's eyes shot open and she started to whimper and cower, trying to pull herself out of my arms in an attempt to get away. I stopped growling and tried to comfort her by hugging her closely to my body. She calmed a bit but she was still whimpering, the sounds breaking my heart.

I didn't know why she was still whimpering though, I had stopped growling. 'She's still scared of us.' Damon whimpered.

  'But why is she still scared, Damon?' I said to him.

Then she started to cry, big tears building up in her eyes and falling silently down her face.

-----------------------------

Eina's pov

-----------------------------

I was sleeping peacefully in warmth when I heard a very loud and terrifiying growl. I jolted awake and started to whimper and cower.

The growl had come from James, his eyes an ink black that terrified me.

When he looked at me, I saw hate in his eyes. He stopped suddenly and tried to comfort me. He pulled me close to his body and I felt warmth envelope me, making me feel as if there wasn't anything wrong in the world.

  I stopped cowering but didn't stop whimpering. I was afraid he didn't like me and that this was all a trick.

  I thought he hated me because I wasn't good enough or even worthy of being by his side and  judging by look in his eyes when he was growling, I would say that that was exactly the case. It couldn't be anything else....could it? He tried harder to comfort me but it didn't work, I wasn't going to fall for that trick.....not again.

'But what if we're wrong?' Lily asked.

  I decided right then and there that my heart couldn't take another hardship and neither could Lily's, so I was going to end this quickly. When I tried to speak, my voice wouldn't come out. It was like someone had turned it off.

When I tried again, it came out quiet and pitiful, but I know he heard it.

"Do you hate me, James?" I said my voice cracking at the word hate and I turned my face downwards.

  And he said.......

+----------------------------------+