xiv;

Renjun lugged his art supplies to the café. He wasn't going to tell anyone, but the only reason he kept coming to this particular café was because he had a crush on one of the baristas. I'm sure we can all guess who.

He grunted under the weight of it all. He wished he hadn't brought so much. But he needed it all if he was going to make the painting perfect.

He struggled to open the door to the café and struggled even more to unlock the quiet room. Once he finally succeeded, he set his stuff down. He sighed in relief and began setting up. He didn't have much of the painting done. In fact, he hadn't done any painting at all yet. He had started sketching out the faces of the two boys. His old art instructor told them not to sketch on the canvas because it would be more like coloring in instead of truly painting, but that rule always went out the window when Renjun had to do more than one face. So here he was, continuing to sketch the face of Chenle's boyfriend. 

As he sketched, his mind wandered. Which probably wasn't the best thing. His mind wandered to Jeno. How they met and what his first impression of him was. He was stunning that day. His smile was incredibly bright. His voice was deep, but soft. Everything about him made Renjun melt. But then there was the issue with the new girl. She and Jeno got along like two peas in a pod. But Donghyuck swore he was gay. Renjun was confused. He didn't understand and it made him mad. He didn't like not knowing what was going to happen.

The pencil he was sketching with snapped. Renjun stared at it and the smudge it left on the canvas in shock. 

He needed a break.