Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Marissa's P.O.V.

I've been in the hospital for 5 days now. I refuse to leave Chance’s side. It was my fault he was here. I should be in his place. 

My thoughts were interrupted when Kaitlyn rushes in, "Marissa I am so sorry I was on a camping trip with my friends!"

I give her a small smile, “It’s fine"

She plops down in the chair beside me, "I'm gone 2 weeks and more happens than in the past 13 years."

I laugh and she gives me a sympathetic smile, "You love him don't you?" 

She was looking at Chance and I look over at him too, "I do. He's gets me more than I get myself. He's more than my best friend. He's more than my boyfriend." I pause and look at her, "He's my other half.”

*FLSHBACK*

8YEARS AGO

I was standing there with a daisy I just found in my hand when Jason came walking up, "Oooo, what is that, Marissa?" 

I turn away from his so he can't see it, "Nothing. It's mine."

"Give it.”

"No. Go away. "

Give it!" he yells and rips it from my grasp. 

Tears fill my eyes as he crushes it with his foot. When another boy pushes him down, "Stop it you, meanie!" the boy picks up my crushed flower, grabs my hand and runs behind some bushes. 

"Here’s your flower." he says holding a crushed daisy, "It's kind of crushed though." 

I take it and smile, "I'm Marissa who are you?"

The boy gives me a wide smile revealing missing teeth, "I'm chance!"

I give him a shy smile and he says, "Will you promise me something?"

"Okay."

He holds out his pinky, “Best friends forever?"

I smile and hook my pinkie in his, "Forever."

*FLASHBACK ENDS*

I smile at the memory. I promised him. And I would fulfill that promise. 

Forever.