7

˗ˏˋᵂᴴᴬᵀ ᴴᴬᵛᴱ ᴵ ᴰᴼᴺᴱ?ˎˊ˗

˗ˏˋᵂᴴᴬᵀ ᴴᴬᵛᴱ ᴰᴼᴺᴱ?ˎˊ˗

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

[BILLIE'S POV]

next thing i know, police cars and ambulances are pulling up. i can't see them but i can hear them and see the lights flashing against the interior of monroe's car.

i start panicking as i look around trying to figure out what the hell i just caused. i look out the window and noticed we're crashed next to a lake, upside down. where's monroe though!? i frantically undo my seatbelt and pull myself out the cars side. i hear a group of footsteps hurry towards me.

"ma'am stay there. don't worry, we'll take care of you and you're accident." the paramedics rush over to me, pushing a wheeled stretcher. they carefully pick me and place me on the bed, securing me.

"wh- where's monroe!? where is she?" i lift my  neck up only for it to me pushed back down.

"don't worry everything is gonna be fine." they reply, trying to ease my current frantic state.

ugh i hate that whole entire sentence. eVeRyThiNg Is gOnNA bE fInE. like obviously nothing is fine at the moment. i just wanna see her.

i look around trying to see if i can spot her and... i did. from what i could see she looked like hell, what did i do? and what exactly happened? i caused this all, every bit of damage done is my fucking fault. all i was trying to do was get her to the fucking cheesecake factory i couldn't even succeed at that.

i feel a hot tear roll down my cheek as i watch them lift up her body and place her onto the stretcher, pushing and pulling her up into the ambulance. i eventually get pulled up into my ambulance and we head over to the hospital.

"oh patrick, our poor baby!" i hear my mom sob.

"shh, shh. everything's gonna be alright dear."
my dad tries soothing her.

i open up my eyes and mine meet my lil family. finneas, mom, and dad.

"hey guys." my voice rasps.

"we have a surprise for you hunny." my mom walks over to the curtain that separates the room in two.

"mom wha-" she interrupts me, shushing me as she quietly pulls back the curtains revealing my best friend.

"monroe!" i quietly shout. tears were streaming down my face as i tried to contain my happiness and relief.

as i studied her face my heart couldn't help but sink down to the pit of my stomach. her face, covered in cuts and bruises. her lip, cut. her eyes, dim and tired. her hair, dull. not as shiny as i remembered. her arms and legs, scratched up, just a tad bit. but her smile, still there. still there.... after everything i put her through, all that pain in a matter of seconds. i wish i could take it all away.

fyi... i'm never going to the cheesecake factory.

[THIRD POV]

monroe hears billie wake up, talking to her small family in front of a curtain blocking half the room. maggie pulls back the curtain revealing billie's very best friend. the two were put in the room together. from what the paramedics saw, it was definitely needed for the teenage girls.

"monroe!" billie says as her eyes water up.

"hiii bil." monroe speaks up, only this time it felt different for her. she hadn't felt the vibrations of her voice in her chest. she couldn't move her tongue to pronounce the words she had wanted to spit out. it was like talking to the conscience of her mind. little did monroe know, the car accident had put her in a coma.

billie suddenly notices something was up and attempts sitting up but her mom gently lays her back down by pushing on her shoulder.

"how long has she been like this?" she asks her mom with great concern.

"ever since they arrived at the scene." maggie answers.

at that moment billie broke down in utter tears.

"aw, bil. don't work yourself up sweetie. the doctors said she should wake up sometime by tomorrow." she hugs her daughter, comforting her.

"how about you chat with her honey? she can still hear you." billie's dad says, walking over to her and placing a kiss on top of her head.

finneas engulfs billie into a hug and her mom joins them. before they all left the room maggie and patrick gave monroe a pat on the leg.
"get well soon love." maggie whispered. finneas engulfed her in one of those warm, soothing hugs as well.

✍︎
first, i wanna say, HAPPY FIRST DAY OF FEBRUARY! holy crap! we've already been through a month of 2019 which is really crazy to think about. second, it's current 1:37 a.m and i have to wake up in 6 1/2 hours. yikes. third, the next chapter will be out pretty soon.. i might actually write a couple in a row and post them all on one day. maybe like 8 and i'll post 4 on one day, just a lil surprise for you guys. last but not least, THANK YOU FOR 900 MF READS!! gahhh, i can't believe it's been A MONTH AND A HALF and we're almost to ONE THOUSAND! anyways hope you're having a great morning/ night. much love!♥︎