Chapter 3: Rainy Days

This chapter will have a lot of dialogue.
(Words in italics are people whispering)
.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

    "Gandalf why did you not tell me who it was that we were traveling with when you met me." The stranger stopped their horse in front of Gandalf their hood still covering their identity, but according to her voice it seemed to be a woman.
    "I did not tell you because you would have never have given me your word," Then he smirked and looked her straight in the eyes, "and I know how much you hate it when people break their promise..."
    She sighed "Gandalf do you trick everyone like this and while I am here you will call me by my real name -" She was still in the middle of scolding Gandalf when a loud and strong sounding voice cut through their conversation.
    "Gandalf who is this and why are they here."
    "Oh Thorin just in time let me introduce to you the fifteenth member of our company, The Blo- Ithilwen..." He gave a nervous chuckle when he noticed Ithilwen's deadly glare at his mess up. "She will act as a scout and tracker."
    Ithilwen had decided it was about time to take off her hood and face the problems head on, when she did her long raven colored hair fell back over her shoulder after being cramped in the hood for so long. She turned and stared and Thorin in the eyes, golden meeting icy blue, but slowly his eyes turned to the side of her head.
    "You are and elf!" He shouted accusingly right at her face. That is when she had realized that she had styled her hair so that one side was braided leaving one of her ears showing. She mentally cursed at her stupidity but how was she to know that she would be traveling with dwarves with an extreme hatred for elves.
    "I am no elf."
    "If you are no elf then why do you have the appearance and height of one?!" She studied his face for a moment his piercing blue eyes meeting golden. He held himself like a king, but it seems that he still has many things that he must learn before she would call him a king, and until she believes that he is trust worthy he will not know her true identity.
    "What I am does not concern you or your company, I am here because I made a foolish promise to Gandalf which I sorely regret."
Ithilwen turns away from the snobby prince and turned to Gandalf once more. Glaring at him for a more before sighing.
"Very well Gandalf I will join this company if..." She pauses and looked at the rest of the dwarves with a smirk on her face. "If they agree that I should accompany them. I do not wish to be imposing on your journey. Before you vote I will say that I may look young but I have fought in many wars and have learned my way around these lands. I hope these words will help you to make your decision, I will ride ahead and come back within thee hour."
Looking at Balin and Thorin she quickly nods her head to them before slipping her hood over her face and nudges her Horse froward into a gallop. Balin turned to Thorin to whispered his opinion.
"Thorin I believe this woman could be of use to us, we are in need of a scout and if she is an elf than that means she must have heightened hearing and sight. She could earn us if the enemy was ever near. I also have a feeling like I have seen her before but she went by a different name then."
"I do not trust elves."
"She is not an elf Thorin." Gandalf grumbled as all the dwarves gathered around them.
"I think she would be a good addition to our group don't you think so too Kili?"
"Yes it would definitely bring a change in entertainment, she also said she had fought in many wars so she must be a good fighter!" Kili shouted with excitement.

.~.~. After a 20 minute argument about if she should join. ~.~.~.~.
(Thorins Point of view)

    I was getting very annoyed with this argument, I personally did not trust the She elf but part of the company and Gandalf thought that she would be a great help to them while the other half shared my belief in not trusting the elf.
    As they continued on their journey Gandalf continued to smoke on his pipe as they continued their slow pace. He seemed to be having a mental war with himself until finally he stated, "She has just as many reasons to hate you Thorin but she offered you her assistance so I recommend you take the offer."

    This didn't help me with my decision at all it just made me more frustrated. I continued to think but ignoring the time when I heard the little hobbit mutter a question about why I disliked her so much. Balin was the one to answer.
    "Ah laddie that is a story for another time, it is not anything to worry your self with."
    "I have made my decision!" He bellowed to no one in particular.
    Everyone started to secretly make bets on what I would chose when they thought I could not hear. After a few minutes of hearing this the frown that already adorned my face deepened, I was going to shout when I heard a horse slowly walking up to the group carrying the person they were arguing about.
    "I heard that you finally came to a decision. It is about time." Ithilwen remarked turning her horse so that she was riding along with the company.
    "Yes I have decided much to my displeasure that you may join the group."
I grumbled out those words but she still heard me. She gave me a closed eyed smile, then gave a little bow.
    "I am honored that you will accept my help in your quest. I am also honored to be in your presence Thorin Oakensheild." She said the last part with a little bit of sarcasm.
    "Balin give her the contract and let use continue on our way."
    Balin rode over to her and handed her the paper, as she read through it she saw that She would get a share of their gold. This did not sit well with her, since she knew it to be cursed and she had no need for such things.
    "Bilbo did you by chance bring a quill?"
    "No I'm sorry I seem to have for gotten to bring one."
    "I've got one miss! But I don't have any ink." Announced a happy voice.
    "Oh thank you, I can find some other ink then," She gladly accepted the quill, she grabbed her dagger and pricked her thumb allowing just enough blood So that she will be able to sign. When she finished she wiped the quill clean and then looked at the young dwarf he had a pale face. "Now what is your name."
    "Ori!" He shook his head ridding his face of what he saw and announced proudly.
    "Well Ori Thank you for lending me your quill." She chuckled as she gave him back his quill."Now that I am apart of your company I do not wish for a share of your gold I have no need of such a thing, and I should also report what I saw."
    "Yes that is your job is it not." I sneered.
    "Very well I would suggest putting on your cloaks if you have one, there is a rain storm on the way." She reported looking to Bilbo and realizing he was on a pony. She laughed out loud when she saw is fearful face. When the others heard her laugh they also wanted to laugh and some did but the others just kept their frowns. They all stopped laughing when they felt the first drops of rain, soon the soft down poor turned to a heavy rain. Ithilwen saw that Bilbo did not make a move to grab a cloak so she expertly untied her's and rode next to him and quickly and expertly tied her cloak around him, it was a tent on him but at least he would no longer freeze due to the cold rain.
    "Wouldn't want you to catch a cold on the first day now would we?" She whispered a chuckle still in her voice.
    "But miss you will catch a cold!"
    "Don't worry I enjoy this rainy weather I will be fine you on the other hand will not."

.~.~.~.~.~. Two hours after the rain starts.~.~.~.~.
(Third Person Point of View)
    Ithilwen has now been introduced to all of the dwarves and was having a conversation with the two trouble makers Kili and Fili when Dori asked if Gandalf could get the rain to stop, which caused Gandalf to get mad at him and told him if he wanted a wizard that could get rid of the rain then he should find a new wizard.

    "Are there others? Wizards that is?"    "Hmm, there are five of us-"    "Sarumon the white, Gandalf the gray and Radaghast the brown

    "Hmm, there are five of us-"
    "Sarumon the white, Gandalf the gray and Radaghast the brown." Ithilwen added.
    "Yes but there is also two others who's name slips my mind."
    Gandalf took sometime to explain to Bilbo what their jobs were but Ithilwen decided to talk to Kili and Fili again. They had traveled for three more hours when they finally came upon the cliff that had a shallow cave which they could take shelter for the night. Tying up her horse and helping the hobbit to tie his pony she grabbed her bed roll and sat it next to the cliff she unrolled it and sat down closing her eyes and just listening to what the wind carried.

(Sorry I haven't updated in a while I've been really busy.)