Chapter Seven: (Awkward) First Kiss

Start from the beginning

A soft but audible gasp escaped Tobias' lips as his blue eyes scanned Adelaide from head to toe, unintentionally lingering at her chest area. He gaped for five whole minutes, causing Adelaide to start fidgeting uncomfortably.

He's totally judging me! She thought sadly, instantly regretting her initial decision to seduce him. He distastes me!

"Adelaide. Y-y-you look different than usual," Tobias tried his best to shift his view away from his girlfriend's bust. His darkened blue eyes attempted to look anywhere but her.

Adelaide's heart thumped wildly. "Do you like it? My outfit?" She nervously asked, despite being bold on normal occasions. Doubt was resurfacing, and she could feel her palms beginning to sweat.

If Adelaide had thought she'd seen all shades of blush formed on her boyfriend's face before, she was wrong. The blush on Tobias' face was now the darkest she had ever caught, so dark it caught her off-guard. Tobias opened his mouth but words refused to escape from him.

"I wore it for you," Adelaide continued, interested in his novel facial expression all of a sudden. She wanted to see how many more faces Tobias could make. Call her a tease, whatever, but she found this side of her boyfriend really endearing.

Her boyfriend coughed vigorously. Oh my Gosh. Did he choke on his saliva? Adelaide thought in amusement as she hurried over to him, patting his back in attempt to relieve the cough.

Her action was out of concern but it exacerbated the situation; Tobias' eyes uncontrollably darted towards his girlfriend's tender breasts as she bent down, the distance between them narrowed to a few centimetres. He lightly pushed her away while coughing, raising a hand up to show he was fine, while crossing one leg over the other as though wanting to hide something. Adelaide didn't find anything out of the usual and allowed him space for himself.

Once Adelaide made sure her boyfriend was all right, she habitually grabbed his hand and interlaced his fingers with hers.

"So where're we going today?" She asked eagerly. Her boyfriend had texted her the day before, saying he had it all planned out. It was his first time volunteering to do the planning for their date, and Adelaide couldn't help feeling exuberant.

It took a while for Tobias to recover from his dazed state. "Follow me," he said simply.

They stopped over at a pretty cafe, called Bonjour, just down the road. It was densely packed but there was good reason for it to be; antique furnitures decorated the cafe, vibrant dried flowers hung at the ceiling, making it look like a garden. The counter was filled with aesthetically pleasing food items and the menu had many types of Italian food listed. Tobias and Adelaide managed to grab a seat and eat to their hearts' content, as they engaged in a deep conversation while enjoying the ambience of the cafe.

The next stop was an amusement park, which totally surprised Adelaide. "Aren't you afraid of heights?" She asked her boyfriend.

He bit his lip, an action which was out of habit but made Adelaide want to do something to it. Say, lick it. Or taste it. Or bite it. "But you love the amusement park; you've been talking about it for ages now," he scratched the back of his neck, "r-r-roller coasters should be fine." He failed to hide his anxiety.

Adelaide giggled, happiness filling her whole body up. "You're the best!" She exclaimed before giving him a kiss on his right cheek. A tiny smile formed on Tobias' face as he blushed.