Part four

A couple of months earlier.

The sun was just going down. But the air base was busy as always, helicopters being landed, jets being parked and people moving around the tarmac, doing there jobs. People were at work in the IT labs and in the control tower. There were expecting no visitors that night but as always they were doing there routine check on the radars and calls on the coms.
A man was sitting at his desk, carefully watching the controls, when something popped up on the radar.
"Uh, sir, you might want to check this out." He called to the commander. He briskly walled over,
"What is it?" The commander asked
"Something just popped up on the radar" he said, tying some things in on the computer. Someone from a neighbouring desk slides over on his chair to have a look and almost falls out of his chair when he sees the tag that popped up on the screen.
"That can't be right" he says,
"Why not?" The commander asks. "It came up with a signature, must be from another government base"
"Yes, but that tag can't exist, it belonged to an experimental jet that my friend flew," he answered, "that jet crashed Months ago." He continues, very concerned. A notification came up on his screen and he slid back.
"There is a message from the government." Hey says, opening the file. He begins to read,
"A couple of bases have been attacked and destroyed by an experimental government jet with the tag..." he looks at the commander,
"Sound the alarm!"

The lockdown alarm blares in the background as people rushed around. A junior pilot ran with the crowd to the nearest bunker. Someone knocked into her and she fell over. As she was getting up, the sound of an explosion rang out over the sound of the sirens. She turned around and saw a fire ball erupting off the ground. More missels came raining down, hitting vehicles and and the tarmac, making the ground shake. A jet flies over the base and begins for another approach. By this time anti-aircraft guns have been put online and most people had made it into the bunkers, but not enough.
She watches as the jet approaches, getting strangely close too the ground. The guns were made for things flying above, not at this height.
Suddenly, as the jet approaches, it's form starts to shift, changing into a humanoid shape. The Robot hits the ground running, charging towards the base. It opens fire on the guns and at all people in its sight. The last thing she sees is it's menacing red eyes as it aims it's gun at her and the blast rips her flesh from her bones.

Getting bored of picking of the human insects, NK16 decided to get back to his job. He makes his way to one of the hangers, detecting more Øta technology. He busts open the doors and ducks inside, finding pathetic human military vehicles and what not, all using parts and technology of his fallen comrades. The cockpit on his chest opens and a couple of small drones pop out, making there way towards the humans science experiments. NK16 turns his back and heads out of the hanger and begins to walk away. The sound of a human gun discharge and the slight sting on the back of his leg alerts him to the insect. He turns, the human shoots again, he lifts his leg and crushes the insect beneath his foot.

NK16 leaves the the base, smouldering and charred, no one left alive.