14. Old Bones

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Hey. Shh. It's ok. You're ok." I say calmly. "Kitten." I say softly and just like that, it stops.

"That helped." She smiled. "You calling me kitten helped, luna." I nodded and laid her back down still rubbing her shoulders.

"We will get through this, D. I promise."

Rebekah came in and talk to Davina about the stages and about the harvest and of course I didn't want Davina to do it but Rebekah had a point.

Rebekah takes out a needle and grabs her arm. Davina moves away from it and closer to me freaking out.

"What-what is that?" she says as she starts panting.

"The more upset you become, the faster you deteriorate. I compelled up some sedative."

"No, no, no!"

"Rebekah! She was doing just fine with me. You are working her up more." I said.

"We keep her calm, we keep her alive." She said to me.

"Stop, please." Davina begs while she pants. The wind starts storming through making things slam and things fall over. "No, please!" She cries out.

"Do it!" I yell out and Rebekah shoves the needle in instantly calming her breaths and the wind down. She slowly starts to fall asleep and I move off the bed.

•••

I found Hayley crying and I assumed she told Elijah and he didn't take it to well, as I expected. "It's ok, Hayley. He'll forgive you within time." She nods and wipes her tears away.

"He-he is just a really good friend and I did this to him. I didn't want him to get mad at you. And these pregnancy hormones are really kicking me hard." I hugged her and tried to calm her down.

"Hey, why don't we get food for the people out there? Huh?" She nods and we get some cans to pack in a box.

While in the middle of packing she starts to cry again and my head falls in defeat. I really hate pregnant Hayley right now.

"What are you doing?" Klaus asks as he sees us with the food.

"We were gonna take these to the--"

"If you say, "Bayou," I will find a nice comfy dungeon and throw you both in it. This is not the night to be out there."

"For anyone." She said turning to look at him as I continue to put cans in. She looked back at me then down to the cans. "But some people don't have a choice."

"Right." Klaus picks up the box we were working on and we look at him confused. "Grab that lot and come with me." He tells us taking the box out. We each grab a box and head out.

We went to St. Annes church. We walked down the aisle and I looked at the people around us.

Father Kieran spots us and heads toward us. "We still haven't gone through all that you've already provided, Klaus."

Klaus hands the boxes over to Kieran. "Well, this newest bit isn't from me."

"Oh?" He turns around to set them down before looking at me and Hayley. "That's very kind of you Aphrena and..."