16. A Wife

•Crescent City•

I opted out of going to the church but Hayley wanted to go with Klaus. I heard a ruckus down stairs and looked over the balcony to see papa tunde in a salt circle with his throat slit.

"Holy!" My eyes widened and I looked at Diego. "Call Klaus!" I said. After Diego called Klaus I got Elijah down to look over the dead witch. People clear out and all that's left is me, Klaus, Elijah and Marcel.

"Can I get you anything anything, brother? A magnifying glass, a pipe perhaps?" Klaus asks trying to be funny.

"You have a theory that you'd like to share with us, Niklaus?" Elijah asks looking up from the dead body.

"Back in the day, the witches wanted to send a threat, they'd just kill a chicken and leave it on your doorstep." Marcel says.

"It's rather a large and ominous chicken, wouldn't you say?" I couldn't help but laugh at that and get a weird look from Elijah to which I just smiled at him.

"Papa tunde defeated Rebekah with ease, almost got the two of us and Hayley as well. If he was supposed to be their prize fighter, why leave him for dead in our front yard?" I look over my shoulder and I see Bekah.

"Well, don't you all look cheery." Rebekah says sarcastically. "Listen to this...a girl literally exploded from a grave today as Sabine was giving her tour of the city of the dead. It was Monique Deveraux."

"What?" Klaus asks.

"The tourist thought it was part of the show, but the witches are celebrating like it's some kind of bloody miracle."

"Maybe it is. They think that all hope is lost, but now suddenly a harvest girl is resurrected. This is how we're gonna get Davina back--kill the witch who took her place."

"I think I know who one of them could be..." I said as Hayley joined my side.

"Yeah, look at this." She said unrolling the paper who happened to be Celeste.

"Celeste. I mean it's got to be. Davina was trying to tell us. She was drawing picture of Celeste. She was warning us that a great evil was coming." I said.

"First Papa tunde returns to settle old scores. Now your murdered lover is back. This isn't witches attacking vampires. They're declaring war on us.

•••

Rebekah, Hayley and I leave the car once we were in front of the planatation.

"I thought I was gonna have to drag both of you to the plantation kicking and screaming."

"Yeah, well, we all just wanna protect me and the baby's, right?"

"Hey, I'm on your side, remember? So what gives?" Rebekah asks.

"Tonight's a full moon, Rebekah." I say.

"So what? You're a vampire and Hayley is preggers, you two can't turn."

"Yes, but I wanted to invite a few people over." I say although it's too late for her to say no.

"Of course. Every red-blooded American werewolf will be a bundle of fur and sharp teeth tonight, whilst your cursed crescent clan will be--"