5

Once the dinner is over, I go in my room to change and wait for everybody to be in their own rooms, sleeping. After a while, I get out of my room, a jacket in hand, and sneakers in feet, and get out of the hotel. Just a few minutes of walking and I arrive at a beach spot that is totally desert, if it wasn't for a blonde sitting in the sand. There are weak lights, which allows us to see the big moon lightening the water by its reflection. Abby is here, looking in front of her. 

When I sit down next to her, she first jumps, before shivering. After a few seconds, I can see she's crying. 

"What is it ?" I ask, intuitively taking one of her hands with mine. 

She looks down at our hands, before looking at me straight in the eyes: hers are red, and she is swiping away the tears falling on her cheeks. She then shakes her head, before saying:

"I broke up with my boyfriend" she says, before sobbing. 

"Oh... What happened ?" I mechanically ask. 

Doesn't matter if I have a crush for this girl : she's in pain, and I want to be there for her. She looks at me, with blank eyes.

After a few moments, she says:

"I couldn't keep seeing him, because..." she starts, before abruptly stopping. "I'm sorry, I am usually not like that. I'm sorry for wasting your time."

"You're not wasting my time" I say, frowning. "Far from that."

She sighs. 

"I'm sorry, Jade."

"Why are you apologizing ?" I ask, frowning. 

"This is crazy..." she stammers, before bursting into tears. "I am going crazy. It's all in my head."

"What is ?" I ask, trying to be as gentle as I can.

She suddenly gets up, and starts walking away from me. Confused, I chase her down. When I grab her arm, she turns around, and we find each other in front of the other, facing each other with evasive looks. 

Abby shakes her head, as I just stand there, in silence. 

"Abby, I don't understand... Let me help."

"I am... confused." she slowly says between two sobs. 

"Confused about what ?" 

She shakes her head again, and as she is trying to escape again, I get in the way. She looks straight into my eyes, before I see her eyes fall on my lips, and back on my eyes, and looking away. My heart skips a few beats, as I start feeling something so strong, beyond human comprehension it seems. 

She lifts her eyes toward me again, saying in a whisper:

"You." she says, as if she was defeated. "I'm confused about you, Jade. For fucks' sake."

"About me, but wh-"

I can't say another word. 

Abby looks into my eyes, and suddenly I stop breathing, and strangely enough, I know she stops too. She grabs both sides of my face with her hands, before pulling me close. Our lips are only inches away, but she stops there. A timeless moment. I feel my whole body start to burn again, and this time, I can't cope.

Since she won't close the gap between us, I do it. 

I crash my lips against hers, my hands pulling her even closer, around her waist. At first, the kiss is hesitant, but after a few seconds, she starts moving her lips. It's sweet, sweeter than anything I've ever tasted. Her lips are smooth and delicate, and mine can't seem to get enough of hers. I feel her relax a little bit. 

Until she turns her head, looking at the ground, breaking the contact. Absolutely confused and shook, I put one hand on my lips. 

"I'm sorry" she repeats, not looking at me. "I should go..."

"No, wait !" I exclaim.

But she takes off running, and I can feel a tear falling slowly on my cheeks, until it reaches my mouth. 

It was the most magical moment of my life : I've never felt more alive than when that girl kissed me.