Chapter 46: Blood in the Mainland

Start from the beginning

"The four leading families and the council members called for another meeting to counter the decision in the North Castle. Your father decided to go with Lord William."

I clenched my fists as anger started to grow inside me. My mother slowly removed her hand from mine like she was just burned by it. She looked at me like she never recognized the fire in my eyes before.

"They planned for it! They had something to do with the attack so they can easily abolish the rule I passed in the North Castle." I said in gritted teeth. I should have known that they would never fight fair.

"Primrose, my love, listen to me." My mother started caressing my hair in an attempt to calm me down. I just looked at her with the same rage in my eyes. "The hunters who attacked you are the rebels. There are group of people who are too eager to bring the four leading families down. The meeting's purpose is not only for those pirates. They are not that important to have the rulers join together in a very short time. This is also for you. We are not going to let such attack happen again in the Mainland."

I softened at the worry she showed in her eyes. She was my mother. Ofcourse, she would think of me first before dealing with the pirates. However, I was still not convinced about this political meeting's purpose.

"I just want to see someone right now," I murmured. My mother straightened from sitting on my bed. She seemed to be willing to comply with my request.

"Do you want to see Tarnus? I'll call him for you. He's your saviour and –"

"No," I cut her off. "I want to see Aiden."

She looked at me in questioningly. It must be her first time hearing Aiden's name.

"Is he one of the council members from the North Land? I'll send someone for him," she asked.

Dorothy cleared her throat and said, "It's the young pirate in the barn."

My mother gave her a deadly look before turning back at me. She slowly shook her head as if it would change the request I made.

"Please, Primrose. Not a pirate in the castle," she pleaded.

But I've already made my decision. I also wanted to see Tarnus and thank him for coming and trying to save me from those hunters. But at that moment, it was Aiden I needed to see the most. I was desperate for a rope that would somehow connect me to the man who came like a deadly storm and left with tragedies around me.

"Mother, I want to talk to Aiden," I said firmly.

Lady Adeline didn't answer right away. She seemed to be weighing the situation and the possible consequences if ever she would grant my request. She turned to me abruptly and exclaimed, "No one would like to get near the pirates!"

"I can call him for you." Dorothy suddenly volunteered from the corner. I smiled at her gratefully in which she received a deadly glare from my mother.

Lady Adeline finally realized that she won't be able to change my mind. Sighing deeply, she stood from sitting on my bed and crossed her arms. She clearly showed her disapproval but still, let Dorothy go to get Aiden.

"Your father will not be happy about this," she said and after assuring her that I would be okay, she left the room.

She disliked the idea of bringing the pirates to the East Land. I understood if she would refuse to be in the same room with them. But in the future, I would try to change her mind about the pirates. I'd like her to see them with brand, new eyes.