End Result (Part 2 of Karma)

After a few days, Neil found out a few things, he knew he had to let Ashish Uncle know, so he went to Ashish's office.

Neil had sat him down, and started to tell him what he found out. Neil started to tell what had happened 15 years ago. Neil mentioned that most of what he found was thru a few diaries that was in Nanno's home, and the diary was written by Ayesha, what was written was in Ayesha's view. You started drinking when you started living with your mother. Dayawanti never forgave you two. Ayesha and Avni were both tortured by you and Dayawanti. Your father, Satish, loved Ayesha but he couldn't do much. It seemed that it was a well planned destruction of your marriage.

"What happen after the divorce?" asked Ashish

"Well, soon after the divorce, Ayesha was told that you remarried. Ayesha started working, about a year after she was found raped and murdered. Fatima took Avni and the rest of the family to Delhi."

"What? No! Not my Ayesha! How did that escape my notice! Why didn't I know?"

"Your brother in laws found Ayesha. There was a complaint, but there was no publicitiy. We believe that a crooked officer took the complaint and never followed thru. We found the report, but the officer that took the complaint was an officer that was suspected of being a crooked officer but died before any alligations were proven. So Fatima and her family left Mumbai and went to Delhi. They came back about 8 years ago. Your brother in law, Azaan had passed away., so Fatima had him buried by Ayesha and decided to move back to she could be closer to her children. Avni changed her name from Avni Mehta to Avni Ayesha. She actually works as an intern for my father's company and she also works for her Neela Ma's NGO."

"My Avni is alive" whispered Ashish

"Yes Uncle, but she hates you and your family."

After a few days, Neil went to his dad's office, and asked his dad's PA, to have Avni Ayesha sent to his dad's office so he can talk to her.

"May I come in Sir?" asked Avni

"Come in" said Neil

"You! What are you doing here?" asked Avni

"My father's company" stated Neil

"So Mr.ACP, we meet again. What is it this time?" asked Avni.

"Of course, since you are working for my father. I know you are Avni Mehta. And your brother, Amol, needs your help." stated Neil

"My brother is Akash. My Neela Ma's son. He is not sick. I don't have any other brother. I have no relationship with the Mehta family" said Avni.

"Amol is your brother, he is suffering from cancer, leukemia. He needs help. He is in City Hospital, looking for a match. He needs a bone marrow." said Neil

"Why shold I care. Why doesn't Dayawanti or Ashish donate their bone marrow. My mother and I were thought to be characterless. My grandmother has stated many times that I was not Ashish Mehta's child. My father along with Dayawanti would beat us, starve us. Why should I help that family. My blood is not worthy of that family."

"You guys were tricked, you father didn't divorce your mother. Itwas all your grandmothers hand. She, along with your aunt, Disksha, plotted against your mother and father. Your grandmother was the one that sent the divorce papers, not your father. When your mother sent them back, after hearing about the woman, Sheetal, who was your aunt's friend, your father assumed they were from her. Your father's family would supply the drinks, in which, your father would get drunk on, then he would beat you and your mother. He was not in his senses, when he was torturing you or your mother."

"It doesn't matter. It is all in the past. And why do you worry about the situation? What is your angle? Why do you care about this situation?" asked Avni

"My best friend is married to your cousin. And my cousin, is best friends with your brother, Amol."

"I am sorry that Amol is suffering, but I can't help him. That family has made my family suffer endlessly. I will not let their sacrifices go in vain. What do you know of our pain? Does our pain not count in front of theirs. When my mother was thrown out of her home, where was their empathy? When my mother was classed a characterless women, where was this sympathy? My mother was raped and murdered! Nothing was done. My grandmother left her home to protect me, and lost a second child. My uncle died, my grandmother died, I have nothing in me to give. I am sorry, but I have to get back to work" stated Avni, as she left Prakash's office.

Neil was at home trying to figure out Avni, he couldn't figure her out. Was she faking her feelings for her brother, Amol or did she not care for him at all. She was a contraditory person, she was generous as she worked at her Neela Ma's NGO, as his reports say or was she a cold person, as she protrayed herself to him. He was confused, angry and sad at the situation.

A week later, Ashish called to his office, when Neil arrived at the office, he told that there was a match for Amol, but the donor wanted to stay anonymous. Neil had his suspicions that the donor was Avni. He found out that Avni had requested time off around the same time as the bone marrow surgery. Now he knew that Avni was the donor, he then used his rank as ACP, to monitor Avni. He requested that to be taken to Avni's room after surgery.

When Avni woke up, she was confused about why Neil was in her room, but he refused to leave, and when she was released, she took her home, to her Neela Ma's home. He was over so much, that Neela Ma starting to treat him like family, which irked Avni. Neil had explained a few things regarding Amol and Ashish. He wasn't excusing Ashish's behavior, just mentioned what was said to him.

Neela mentioned that Ashish would never be welcomed in her home, but that if Avni would like to persue a relationship with her father or brother, that will be Avni's choice but Ashish Mehta will never be given an olive branch. Ayesha, Azaan and Fatima's souls would be restless if we welcomed Ashish Mehta to my home. My lost ones shall have peace since justice was false with them.

Avni slowly walked into the room and said that she has no interest in pursuing a relationship with the Mehtas. If Amol wants one, he will need to come to her. But she will not bend over backwards for them.

Neela thanked Neil for his time, and said, "Neil beta, I know you are friends with the Mehta family, but thank you for what you are doing for Avni."

"Neela Auntie, its my duty." said Neil

"Duty?" asked Avni

"Yes, duty. My right as a son in law. I planned to marry you Avni" stated Neil.