Live a Dream

Avni slowly opened her eyes, she had noticed that she was in the hospital.  Neil was sleeping besides her in the chair, holding her hand between his hands.   As she tried to move her hand out of his hands, he had woken up.   Neil noticed that Avni was awake, and he jumped up.

"Avni, you are awake!  Thank God!  Don't you ever do this again!  Never leave me!  I won't survive it!"   Neil gave Avni a quick kiss and a hug.  "Let me call the doctor!"  and ran out the door.

As Neil left the room, Avni was left wondering what the hell was going on?  Neil didn't look mad at her.  He wasn't surprised that she wasn't dead.  What was going on?  Last she remembered was that the goons were inside Sakoon House, threatening them to leave the orphanage.

A short while later, the doctor and Neil had entered the room along with a few nurses.  The doctor told Neil to wait outside while he did the check up.   Neil walked to Avni, and gave her hand a squeeze, gave her a kiss on the forehead and said "Avni, I will be right outside.  Don't worry, I won't leave your side.  Ever."   

Neil walked outside and waited for the doctor to do his checkup.  Neil had called the family to give them the good news.      Soon, the whole family had arrived along with Ali and DD.   

The doctor came out with a grave expression, "Mr. Khanna"

 "How is my Avni?  She is fine right?  There is nothing to worry about?"  asked Neil

"Neil Beta, let the doctor finish talking" said Prakash

"Well, Mr. Khanna, your wife seems to have experienced coma dreams."

"What?" asked Neil

"Coma dreams?  Doctor what does that mean?"  asked Prakash

"Well, Mr. Khanna.  It literally means, that while your daughter in law was in a coma, she could hear what was been said, and her dreams interpreted in her mind.  She had dreamt herself in the future.  Ten years to be exact.    She had dreamt that she had a stalker that had killed her mother.   He had used her father in law to do the act by drugging him.  She had faked her death to get rid of him.  She had left her beloved husband (her words) and family to live away from them.   She had opened an orphanage with children just like her, illegitimate.  She was so certain that these things happened.   I told her nothing like that has happened since it is still 2018, not 2028 as it in her dreams.   We will keep on eye on her mental state, but physically she is fine.  She can go home within a few days.  I would like her to see a counselor just so she realizes that it was all a dream."  said the doctor

"Thank you Doctor, for all your help." stated Prakash

"Thank you so Doctor" said Neil    

Neil and the rest of the family walked into Avni's room.  Avni almost fainted when she saw Neela Ma.  "Ma, you're okay.  You didn't leave me."  she cried.  

Neela ran to the bed and hugged Avni.  "Bacha, mothers don't leave their children.  I have been with you all the way just like your Ayesha Ma and now, your Shweta Ma.   Baby, it was just a dream.   I am alright.  Alive and kicking.  You had us so worried."

"It was just a dream, right"  she asked Neela as she put her hand on her cheek.  "Yes, bacha,  just a dream.  We are all okay.   Your Neil fought with everyone.  He believed that you would never leave him."  

Avni looked towards Neil and mouthed "Thank you  and love you"

"Enough of this crying, we are here too.  We want to meet with Avni."  stated Ali.

"Mumma, Papa, Bebe, Ali, DD!" Avni noticed that everyone here.  "Aman?"  she cried in happiness.  "You're here."  

"Yes, Di."  said Aman.  "When I got out, I find out that you have pulled a sleeping beauty."

"Sorry" mouthed Avni.

"Angel, are you better now." asked Mishty

"Mishty"  she was surprised to see a 5 year old child.   "I am better now."

"Mishty, go with Bebe, and she will get you an ice cream" said Neil.

Mishty left with Bebe, and Aman followed them.

"Avni, now that Mishty is gone out of the room.  I know that everything has been a little shocking to you.  The doctor had mentioned that you were experiencing Coma Dreams.   I believe that you were able to hear us.  And whatever, was said, you brought those things into your dreams."

"Neil?" asked Avni

"I won't go into too much detail, cause the doctor would like you to see a counsellor or a doctor but I will try to help along with everyone here."

"Okay, Neil.  I will tell you abit of what I remember:  I got of the hospital after being buried.  We went home.  We had a party.  Neela Ma was shot and killed.  Vidyut blackmailed me to marry him.  I made it look like he killed me.  I faked my death.  I started over as Neilanjana.  I ran an orphanage for children just like me, illegitimate with Sunehri, Sitara and Tara."

"Well, Avni, you never came out of the hospital after you were buried alive.  You went into a coma.   Ragini Pandit was put to death for her actions.  Sunehri was released early for her help.  She works in Ali's cafe as a manager now.  Vidyut did want you his life as his wife, but when Ragini was put to death, he got careless, and got arrested.   He was killed by an inmate a month after he was arrested."

"We are safe" asked Avni  "He will not hurt any one of us, right" 

"We are all safe" said Shweta.  "We have been waiting for you to come home."

"I can't believe that all of it was a dream"  whispered Avni.

"Yes, Avni,  it was all a dream.  But what I don't understand is why you would keep me away from you."  asked Neil

"I had to keep you safe." replied Avni.

"Avni, what am I gonna do with you. "  touching her forehead with his. "Promise me, you will never do anything that will separate me from you.  I need you like I need to breathe." said Neil not noticing that the rest of the family decided to give the couple some private time and wait in the hall.

"I am sorry Neil, even my dreams had hurt you.  It wasn't my intention.  I love you and I would protect you any way I can.  I promise that I will never do anything that would hurt you" with her hand on his cheek.  "I will always talk to you before taking a decision."

"And I will do the same" said Neil