Eleven

Dedicated to sodonewithreality

It was early in the morning and Ruby was the only one still sleeping. She was woken up when she felt the bed move a bit. She looked over and saw Zu...holding a red dress with a smile on her face.

"Oh, no. I'm really not a fancy dress kinda girl."

Zu wasn't buying it as she gave her a look and directed the dress to her. The face she made basically read wear the dress I don't have all day.

"I would do as she said...wants?" Luce said as she got out of the bathroom. "She found me a pink shirt and she made my ass put it on. Oh, and I don't like pink."

That caused Ruby to raise a brow as she looked at her. Just by looking at her, she could tell she wasn't a fan of the color, so she believed her. "I think I'll wear the dress."

"Good idea," she said with a nod. "Besides, red seems like a good color on you." She got out of the bathroom and went to her bag that was on the couch. "I'll let you have your time in there. We'll be leaving soon though."

Ruby got out of bed. "Thanks." 

She took the dress from Zu and went to the bathroom. She did whatever she could as a morning routine and finished off with putting the dress on. She looked down at the dress before she looked at herself in the mirror. Even if it was just a piece of clothing, she didn't recognize herself. Never has she worn something this presentable.

When she got out of the bathroom, she heard a whistle. She figured it came from Luce and she couldn't help but laugh. "I'm not used to wearing something like this."

"I think it suits you," she told her with a smile. "What do you think, Zu?"

She held up her gloved hands and gave a thumbs up with a smile.

Ruby chuckled. "I'm gonna go outside now."

"Make them drop their jaws while you're at it."

She shook her head with a small smile and left the motel room. She saw Liam scraping paint from the van. "Hey."

"Hey," he said before taking a double-take. He looked at her as she posed, both chuckling as he stood up. "Where'd you get that?"

"It's stupid," she said as she suddenly grew a bit shy.

"No, no. It's, uh... It's been a while since I've seen a girl in a dress. Or anyone in a dress." He chuckled. "I feel like I should ask you to prom or something."

"Well if that's the case then I'll be the chaperone," Luce said as she brought her bag to the van, interrupting them. She pointed at the two. "I better not catch any of you spiking the punch bowl."

"Do you think if we weren't taken that would happen at our prom?" Liam asked.

"Oh yeah. When has it never been a thing?"