Chapter 3

It was after third period and I was on my way to lunch. While I was merging with the crowd going into the cafeteria, I saw Fiona.

"Hey," she said, playfully bumping into me. "So I've heard you're going to eat with your club today."

I nodded. "Do you want to come sit with us or something?" I asked, really wishing she would just leave me alone.

"Nope!" she exclaimed. "I'm sitting with the student council. You're welcome to join us, though."

Why would I want to sit with you? While I wasn't paying attention, Fiona had started breaking off to go to her table. I caught a glimpse of a group of people standing nearby, waiting for her. When she moved to meet them, they turned to leave.

I received my food and went to go find my club. I spotted the table almost instantly. Walking down the aisle it was hard to miss the two giant hammers propped up against one of the tables. Oh yeah, Rosy and one other person were going to be our guests today.

I wasn't all too scared after what I had seen this morning. Both on the bus and in first period, Rosy had seemed very calm, and that's exactly what I saw as I took a seat at the table.

The fan character she had been talking to this morning was sitting beside her. Beside Rosy was the club president, Honest the Cat. She was eating a bag of cookies at lightning speed as Shadow the Hedgehog sat beside her, shielding his eyes from stray crumbs that shot his way. Beside him was Rouge the Bat. She was just sipping a bottle of water as she listened to the others talk. Sonic was sitting next to her with his arms stretched across the table and his chin resting on the cool surface. Oh yeah, that cursed Sonic was the other guest. Next to him was Amy whom had him trapped, squeezing the breath out of him. No wonder he looked so down. Beside her was an empty seat and on the other side sat Honest's fan character Akane. Yes, a fan character had a fan character. Nothing was strange about that. I sat in the empty seat and immediately locked my eyes on my food, trying hard to ignore the pang of fear I felt from sitting only two seats away from someone who would like nothing more than to smash my teeth in.

Immediately Honest knew something was up. "Hey, Scourge? What's wrong with you?"

I tried hard to meet her gaze. "I have a message from Fiona to relay to you."

Everyone was still eating. Apparently no one could make the connection between a message from Fiona and trouble.

"She says that our club will be disbanded if we don't choose a specific subject to focus on. Or, she says we could recruit more members so that we will need a more general theme." Honest closed her eyes and nodded as if she were thinking. I guess there's no hope for us.

"You can be a Sonic fan club," came Sonic's voice from my right.

"Ooh! Ooh! A Sonic history club!" Amy said next, still not loosening her grip any.

"Or what about a Sonic video game strategy club?" asked the fan character from this morning. Wasn't her name Dina or Daina or something?

"Yeah," Honest said. "I can bring my CRT from home and my consoles, and we can develop winning strategies for the games!" She then stopped. "Or maybe not strategy... Sonic video game appreciation club?"

"Or maybe just video games in general?" Everybody suddenly stopped to stare at me. "Huh?"

"What other games are there?" Honest asked. I thought about it.

"Okay, just Sonic. But does it really even have to be said? This is a Sonic school after all."

"Hm... Okay, I see your point," Honest said. "But it has to be something more charming. Hm... How about the Honesty club?"