9

Marinette sighed as she flopped on her bed.

"Rough day?" Marin chuckled appearing at her door.

She sat up and slumped her shoulders, "Did you know Nathaniel was dating a boy?"

Marin's shoulders slightly tensed, "No, I didn't. Do you know who?"

"No, his boyfriend's still in the closet. Which you know, is okay. I'm not like mad over it. I'm just mad I have such a broken gaydar." Marinette laid back down.

"How'd you find out anyways?" Marin leaned against the door frame.

"I confessed to him. I'm such a friggin idiot," Marinette groaned.

"You what? You confessed to him?"

"Yeah,I like him but I respect him as well. I'm probably gonna just avoid him."

Marin rolled his eyes.

"Hey, Marin?"

"Yeah?"

"How come Adrien hasn't tried to talk to me?"

"Because he's Adrien. Don't worry about him, baby sis." Marin left.

Marinette grabbed the nearest pillow and held it close to her chest, hot tears slowly rolled down her cheeks as she silently sobbed.

"Oh, Marinette. It'll be okay," Tikki landed in front of her.

"I hate being lied to, Tikki. I just, I really wanted Adrien to be telling the truth. I really wanted him to like me, for me." Marinette sniffled.

"But why?" Tikki turned her head slightly.

"Because I like him, Tikki. I wanted something real between us. But that's never gonna happen."

"You know, you could always talk to him. It's the 21st century after all." Tikki giggled.

Marinette sat up and smiled at her kwami, "You're right. I'll talk to him. Even if it's to end things forever."

***

Marinette walked down the hall towards Adrien, who was chatting with Chloe.

"Adrien, let's talk." Marinette stated, standing in front of the two.

"Go away, you psycho. Adrien doesn't want you," Chloe scoffed.

Marinette stayed silent.

"Cat got your tongue? Pathetic little Marinette." Chloe snickered.

"Adrien, please?" Marinette ignored her and looked at Adrien.

"Really? Take a hint, bitch. Adrien doesn't want your ugly, desperate ass. He only went after you because he was bored. Now, sincerely, fuck off." Chloe rolled her eyes.

Adrien just stared at Marinette, saying nothing.

"You two deserve each other. Your rotten personalities compliment each other," Marinette stormed off, bumping into someone.

"Oh, shit. I'm sorry." Marinette mentally screamed for bumping into someone yet again.

"It's fine, Marinette. It was my fault," A brunette girl smiled.

Marinette gasped when she recognized the voice. "Lila?"

"Hi," Lila shyly replied.

Hearing Lila's name, Adrien's head snapped around to look at her.

"I thought you left?" Marinette asked.

"I did. We just moved back." She answered.

Marinette glanced back to see Adrien, his eyes wide.