Chapter 60 - Epilogue

Comenzar desde el principio

I was right; the figure was another version of me. What kind of sick game was this? Why are they so many versions of us? First, it was Exchanger, then the one with Silver, now me...

"I never imagined talking to myself like this. It feels a bit weird..."

The figure removed their hood-the future 'me' showed her face to me. I was mortified at the sight in front of me. She had burn marks all over her face. However, she didn't seem to be bothered by it at all. Instead, she placed her hand on my shoulder.

I had already expected the hand would go through my body.

It was a bit startling, yet sad to understand that this future version of myself was slowly disappearing.

"You are... S?" I asked.

The figure weakly smiled. "I'm sorry, but I had to."

"No, you didn't!" I exclaimed. "You had a choice; I know you did! Why did you do this? Why!?"

I ran at her, only for my body to completely pass through her, despite knowing the results. She gasped and turned around, as I fell back first onto the ground. My body shook in slight pain, as she tried to help me only to realize she couldn't.

She looked hesitant, guilt showing all over her face, before retracting the hand she was about to use to help me. S glanced over to the side, where she stared at the left bell, fastened on one side of the waterfall. It was then I realized hearing a faint, calming melody.

"This isn't the first time I had Celebi send me back into the past," she informed me.

"So you've done this before."

S nodded. "I did a lot of things, from confronting you and saying the truth, to battling Team Rocket for you guys. However, it all somehow ended up in failure. Silver will still walk the path of darkness and there was nothing I could do."

I looked down at my knees, realizing that I had spoken impulsively.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be-I expected it from you, anyways. We're the same, after all. I'll assume you haven't read my letters, right?"

I nodded, feeling guilty that I missed out on important stuff; to know that I was writing letters to myself... and I didn't read them simply because I found keeping secrets painful.

"It's alright, but do read them when you awaken. And Pryce's letter... read it for me too."

"When will I wake up?" I asked.

"That depends on you. It's not my body, remember? However, I do want to show you something, just before Celebi loses the energy to sustain my life form."

"What is it you want to show me?"

S approached the body of water where I was supposed to lie down in. Suddenly, the water began morphing, rising into the air and soon covered all of the walls in seconds. The room began to turn white again, as I watch the room disappear in a quickened speed.

She spoke to me, "I want to show you the future-my present time."

~~♛~~