PLEASE READ.

I don't know if this is me being dramatic, or over thinking things like I normally do, but I've recently stumbled across a fic on this website that is awfully similar to mine. There are lines in the story that are ones that I have written, just slightly reworded. A character even has the same name as one of my characters, just spelt differently. The main character is even a midwife, living in the same place as my characters, attending the same places that my characters do.

Maybe I am being dramatic, but if you read it, then you'd understand how I felt. I've spent over a year on this story and I am extremely proud of what I have created. I've become really bad at updating lately but I continue to think about this fic, write down plot ideas and different character traits that I could include. I've done so much research for this story, and I've tried to include things that could be educational to others. I have a whole notes page about suffragettes because I'm wanting to include that into my story at some point - I did all of this when I wasn't updating because this fic means a lot to me and I can't ever forget about it, even if I vanish for months on end. (cheers to call the midwife episode tonight that reminded me about that notes page)

If you ever feel inspired by my work, or want to do a storyline that is similar, then I really don't mind but a heads-up is always appreciated. It makes me angry when I'm reading something and there's so many similarities to my work, so many that I can't say it was accidental. This has happened many times for me, especially with my imagines (that are posted in another book if you want to check them out lol)

I won't post the fic in question, it's not fair on the author. They have a right to be creative, and to do what they love, but please credit me, or try and make not to obvious that you've basically stolen my idea.

I thought I was being original when I wrote this story, with things I hadn't seen in other fics and a variety of characters that I'd never seen in peaky blinders fics. Maybe I was wrong, maybe my idea wasn't original at all. I just needed somewhere to rant. If I'm being over dramatic and got it wrong, then I apologise.

I hope you all enjoyed the last chapter, and I'm sorry that this isn't another one. I'm hoping to get the new chapter posted on Tuesday.

Thank you. X