ch. 10

Flustered I look up to see Sesshomaru waist deep in the water.

"What are you doing here?!" I ask before covering my chest with my arms and sinking deeper into the water.

"Soaking." He replies and I glare at him.

"I can see that why are you here with me?" I clarify as he sits across from me.

"The scars that he mentioned. Were they the ones that I saw or are there more?" He questions and I look away. "Show me." He demands and I shake my head no.

"I can't." I sign weakly.

"Can't or won't?" I glare at him.

"I'm not proud of my scars." I sign but he only moves closer to me.

"And you think that I'm proud of this?" He asks motioning to his missing arm. He gently grabs my hand and starts to pull my up. With my other arm I cover my breasts the best I can as I stand waist deep before him.

He releases my hand and I take it and cover my breasts better. Gently he reaches out and touches the tips od his fingers against my ink covered scars and I flinch away but that doesn't stop him. Carefully he traces his fingers along my skin and I look away as he moves around my body to follow the ink along my skin.

"Beautiful." He whispers and my head shoots up to look at him in shock. Gently he cups my cheek and looks me in the eye with a look that I've never seen in a man, let alone him. He gently guides us down until we're seated and he pulls me into his lap.

"Are you two done yet?" I jump at Inuyasha's voice and hide my face in Sesshomaru's chest to keep my blush hidden. "It's getting late and Hana needs to sleep." He says before I hear the bushes rustle. Without a word Sesshomaru stands to his feet with me still in his arm and walks over to our clothes. Gently he sets me down on the grass and drapes his top over my body.

"Get dressed." He says softly as he turns away and I quickly pull on my clothes. Once dressed I look behind me and see him struggling to tie his pants and hesitantly I walk over and gently swat his hand away before tying it myself. When I go to pull away he gently pulls me close and holds me to his chest. After a few minutes he lets me go and I help him get dressed. Once he's dressed we walk back to camp in silence before I crawl into my sleeping bag. As I start to fall asleep I feel something soft against my side and curl into it as something pets my hair.

~~Inuyasha's pov~~

I silently watch as Sesshomaru shows Hana affection.

"You really do love her." I state and he looks up at me from across the fire. He stays silent and I tsk before settling against the tree I'm leaning on. "Did she tell you how she got her scars?" I ask and he looks down at her.

"No."

"Do you see the ring of roses around her neck?" I ask and he nods. "Her father use to stab and cut her for fun. When he finally got tired of torturing her he slit her throat. She hides her scars with permanent ink that lookes like a sakura tree that's losing its petals. Each petal covers each scar." I tell him and his hand stills on her head. "She has nightmares." He gently strokes her hair again.

We sit in silence as the night drags on and I notice Hana starting to toss and turn. Before I could move Sesshomaru started to stroke her hair as he held her close and she starts to calm down.

~Hana's pov~

The next day we wave goodbye to Koga as Sesshomaru stands next to me. Once he's out of sight I look up at the quiet dog demon and see that he's been watching me.

"What's wrong?" I ask but he doesn't answer. "Sesshomaru?" I question but instead of answering he gently pulls me to him and places his lips against mine as my hands lay against his chest. Slowly he pulls away and I look at him with wide eyes as he silently stares at me. My face feels like its on fire and he pulls my body flush against his.

"No matter where you go. I will always be there to protect you." He says softly against my ear before pulling away and with one last look he jumps into the sky and out of sight.

"You alright Hana?" I jump at the sound of Kagome's voice and nod. "Ready to go?" She asks and I nod again before following after her and the others. As we continue our journey I notice Inuyasha watching me every now and then and each time I give him a small smile.

Once night time hits we take refuge in a village that Muroku conned into letting us stay in again Inuyasha pulls me aside.

"Hana can I talk to you?" He asks and I nod. We slip away from the other as thry go to get something to eat.

"What's wrong?" I ask once we're alone.

"How do you feel about Sesshomaru?" He asks and I feel my face heat up at the memory of the kiss he gave me and Inuyasha nods as if I had just confirmed something. "I think you should see him tonight." He says as he heads back to the others and I watch him confused before following him to eat dinner. Once we ate our fill we were escorted to our rooms and when it got late I slipped out of the house and towards the woods.

I wait patiently and as if on cue Sesshomaru appears from the bushes and I smile softly. Without warning I launch myself at him and wrap my arms around his torso as he holds me close to his body. Pulling away slightly I pull his face gently down to my height and place my lips against his. I think I'm starting to love him.