ch. 3

I've been travelling with my cousin and Inuyasha and the others for a few weeks now and haven't seen hide nor hair of Sesshomaru. Other demons yes. As we walk I look up and see a tornado coming towards us and grab Kagome's arm and she looks at where I'm pointing.

"Seems like you get to meet Koga." She smiles and the tornado stops in front of us to reveal a tan man in armor and fur pelts with black hair pulled back in a pony tail.

"Hey Kagome!" He smiles and Kagome smiles back before turning to me.

"Koga this is my cousin Hana. She can't speak." She introduces and he smiles a cocky smile at me.

"Nice to meet you Hana. Maybe I'll see more of you later." He says with a cheeky grin and I feel my face heat up.

"Not gonna happen you flee bitten mongrel." Inuyasha says and him and Koga start arguing as I watch in amusement.

"I wonder why he's so protective of you." Sango comments and I shrug.

While we wait for the two to stop arguing I decide to teach Sango, Shippo, and Muroku some sign language.

"Like this?" Muroku asks as he makes the wrong sign for annoying and I shake my head no before positioning his fingers correctly. "Oh. Thank you Hana." He smiles and I sign thank you.

To soon Koga leaves and we begin our journey again until we make it to a village where Muroku manages to scam us a place to stay.

As night time falls and everyone sleeps I walk outside for some fresh air.

"Couldn't sleep?" I look up into the trees to see Inuyasha relaxing on one of the branches and shake my head no. "You know something Hana? I like you." I look at him confused. "Not like that. Your like a little sister to me that always needs protecting. I don't want you to get hurt." He explains as I sit against the tree beneath him. "You know Kagome use to teach me that weird hand thing that you do? She told me about you. How you couldn't talk and other things like that. At the time I couldn't care less but now I'm glad she told me." I smile up at him sleepily. "Get some rest kid. I'll protect you." With that I fall into a peaceful sleep.

~Sesshomaru's pov~

I watch from a distance as my mutt of a brother talks to the mortal woman and am confused when my blood boils.

"You know Kagome use to teach me that weird hand thing that you do? She told me about you. How you couldn't talk and other things like that. At the time I couldn't care less but now I'm glad she told me." I look at her confused at Inuyasha's words. She couldn't speak? Does that mean that her voice was stolen? I question as I watch her fall asleep.

I want her. My demon craves her and I have no idea why but I must have her no matter the cost.