12

"You're not welcome here," Tyler shouted.
"You know why we're here, Clancy," Nico said, "there is no need to made a big deal of it."
"You'll never get it! It's too late for that now," Tyler screamed from the top of the platform on his house with me in his arms.
"Don't make this worse than it is," Nico said, "I have no problem giving everyone here what they deserve, but this is between the four of us."
"Four?" Tyler whispered.
"Oh," Nico said, smirking, "he hasn't told you yet, has he?" he looked at Josh, "Why don't you tell them? Or would you rather me tell them?"
Josh crossed the bridge that connected the platforms, he looked at me and whispered, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you."
"Guess I'll tell them," Nico shouted.
"No!" Josh yelled, "I'll tell them," he said.
"Go on," Nico said, annoyed, "We don't have all day."
I found my balance and sat on the platform; Tyler stayed by my side, never letting me go, "Josh? Tyler?" I asked, "What's going on?"
"Oh," Tyler said softly, "Sam," he began, "Don't worry about anything. I won't let anything happen to you, I promise."
Josh looked out at the crowd of Banditos, the eight Bishops standing in the center of the camp, all of the flames were put out, the sun high in the sky. I was okay now, but Tyler was terrified. Josh looked at us, then the Banditos over and over.
Josh took a breath, "I," he began, "I, umm..."
"Spit it out!" Nico demanded.
"Josh," I said, standing; I took his hand in mine, "you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. They don't control you, you're not from there; they can't do anything to you."
He closed his eyes and squeezed my hands, "You don't know," he said, holding back emotions, "I am from Dema. They can control me. They do control me. It's like I never left! All I've done is help them. I've betrayed the people I care about! These people are like my family. They welcomed me with open arms and didn't think I wasn't free from the city. They never asked why I went to the city every few days or why I wanted to know so much," he cried, "I'm the spy they've always wanted! I'm the reason they know where the camp is! I told them about the plans to get Tyler out and they almost killed him! I'm the reason Jenna and Sam were stuck inside the city! It's all my fault!" he collapsed on the wooden floor.
The camp was silent except for the roaring laugh of Nico.
"Josh," I said, still holding his hand, "Did you tell them everything?"
"Of course he didn't!" Nico hissed, "How else did you think you were able to pull that stunt in front of the whole city!"
"You didn't tell them about that plan," I whispered, tilting his head up slightly, both of us are on the floor of the platform, "You didn't tell them. You kept it secret because you knew what needed to happen. You've helped so many people by doing that."
"But I hurt so many by telling everything else," Josh's face stained red.
"Why are you here?" I hissed at Nico, jumping off the platform.
"That's between the four of us," He said, staring at me, "and it's up to you weather we do this privately or not."
I looked at Josh and Tyler, "Follow me," and I led Nico to my tent.